240z + Supercharged Vette Motor

h2opoloplyr_11

Established Member
my uncle does the same thing.....his company puts big ass motors onto z's and other older imports......he might have been part of that vette/240 swap.....

he was just here this weekend and he told me about his next project......they are putting a short block V-8 in an RX-7 (FD) and the rx7 is from japan and still right hand drive....he showed me the portfolio and ill ask him to send some pics of the progress.....just need to find his email address....:bash:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Originally posted by h2opoloplyr_11

he was just here this weekend and he told me about his next project......they are putting a short block V-8 in an RX-7 (FD) and the rx7 is from japan and still right hand drive....he showed me the portfolio and ill ask him to send some pics of the progress.....just need to find his email address....:bash:
v8 in a rx7?
WHAT A WASTE :xpl:
typically a 2 rotor (comes stock with the '93 rx7s- not sure about older ones) are equivalent to 3.6 v6s with less weight, now consider a 4 rotor....
v8 is just a waste really heavy compared to a rotary.
its just like putting a v8 into a skyline, when the GTRs engine is good enough for 900hp on stock internals.

yea and that video is pretty old (maybe 2-3 years)
my bro almost bought a 510 from darius... too bad some punk kid and his mom beat him to it

1/2 bent

Established Member
Originally posted by Serpent
v8 in a rx7?
typically a 2 rotor (comes stock with the '93 rx7s- not sure about older ones) are equivalent to 3.6 v6s with less weight, now consider a 4 rotor....
its just like putting a v8 into a skyline, when the GTRs engine is good enough for 900hp on stock internals.

my bro almost bought a 510 from darius... too bad some punk kid and his mom beat him to it

You can always make more power from a v8. thats just how it is. Yea with alot of money you can get the gtr motor up there nicely but you can always get more from a v8.

Gino

So Long!
Originally posted by 1/2 bent
You can always make more power from a v8. thats just how it is. Yea with alot of money you can get the gtr motor up there nicely but you can always get more from a v8.

LOL :lol:

Ricer needs a clue! www.wrongmotor.com this guy specializes in gutting those cars with their rotary powered pieces like fishies, then stuffs real motors in em like LS1's lol

:kaboom:

h2opoloplyr_11

Established Member
Originally posted by Serpent
v8 in a rx7?

its not going to be his car......he will just work on it...........watever float the buyers boat......

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
have the vid d/l'd from racingflix.com from like 2 years ago. one of the first vids i ever d/l'd off the internet. classic, but old as sin.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
At the last Houston Autorama there was a guy with a Porche 911 (I think) with a supercharged vette engine in it. He says it will do well over two hundred but he is afraid to get it up there because he doesnt have a roll cage. Infact out of six gears I think he hasnt even shifted into fourth yet...it was an awesome machine.

Users who are viewing this thread