245-45-20 Whats Good

MattR

Established Member
I need some tires for my DD, its a 2007 Charger R/T with factory 20's. I have a set of snow tires and wheels and these tires are for the summer.

Car came with GoodYear RSA's, those have never had very good traction in rain and seemed to wear pretty fast.

So what would be a good summer tire that will wear well have great traction in dry and rain condition and not break the bank? I dont race this is just my family car that I can have a little fun in. My GT500 is my toy.

The Nitto 420S seems to fit the bill, any other tires you can think of?

These are going on the factory wheels size doesnt have to be exactly what it came with.

Thanks.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the post MattR. We would be happy to help.

I would take a close look at the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110 in tire size 255/45-20. This size is just a hair taller and wider when compared to your factory size. I'v seen a lot of LX guys running this model and they all seem to like it. The V12 is a UHP Summer tire and does extremely well in wet and dry conditions. Here are a couple links with more detailed information.

Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

Users who are viewing this thread