25 years without a shooting.

the.greg

Established Member
I used to live close to Kennesaw, Ga. It wasn't anything special, there are nicer areas, not so nice areas, very diverse town, lots of college kids too, it doesn't get the attention it should considering this record. It used to be very well-known for street racing on Barrett Parkway, but they don't do it too much any more. Good little town!

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
the government will probably send someone there to shoot the place up just so it seems like peace and harmony are impossible to have unless the government takes guns away

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I think the author should be shot for writing this. I really dont understand how someone could write an article with stats everywhere without citing one source.

A google search will show they did not go 25 years without murder. They've had just as many murders/crimes, if not more, than the gun ban city.

I tried going straight to the FBI page but im hopeless trying to navigate that shit.

Heres a couple of sites though:

Crime in Morton Grove, Illinois (IL): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Crime in Kennesaw, Georgia (GA): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the author should be shot for writing this. I really dont understand how someone could write an article with stats everywhere without citing one source.

A google search will show they did not go 25 years without murder. They've had just as many murders/crimes, if not more, than the gun ban city.

Learn to comprehend what you read. From the article
not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender

Murders in general can be attributed to stabbings, strangulation, etc. It's murders by the evil gun that the author was getting at. In fact there was actually just 1 gun murder, which was in 2007, in a 27 year span dating from 1982-2009. I can't help the fact that you suck at finding information. For the amount of people here, and the traffic and travelers the place gets, the crime rate is still significantly lower than most.

So out of the 10 people that live there, no murders? WOW!

Um, there's over 35,000 just inside the city limits. You also have KSU which is the 3rd largest college system in the state behind only UGA and Tech. The amount of traffic with the mall & Barrett Pkwy as mentioned by someone else is ludicrous and in rush hour is like downtown Atlanta. It's Cobb county, one of the largest and most populated counties in the state so I think you're a bit off base and o be honest, with the amount of businesses and shops in the local area, you don't have to commute outside of the general area for anything you need.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Learn to comprehend what you read. From the article

Murders in general can be attributed to stabbings, strangulation, etc. It's murders by the evil gun that the author was getting at. In fact there was actually just 1 gun murder, which was in 2007, in a 27 year span dating from 1982-2009. I can't help the fact that you suck at finding information. For the amount of people here, and the traffic and travelers the place gets, the crime rate is still significantly lower than most.

Um, there's over 35,000 just inside the city limits. You also have KSU which is the 3rd largest college system in the state behind only UGA and Tech. The amount of traffic with the mall & Barrett Pkwy as mentioned by someone else is ludicrous and in rush hour is like downtown Atlanta. It's Cobb county, one of the largest and most populated counties in the state so I think you're a bit off base and o be honest, with the amount of businesses and shops in the local area, you don't have to commute outside of the general area for anything you need.

You shouldn't confuse people with facts. :lol:

Love your sig, btw.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
So out of the 10 people that live there, no murders? WOW!

Dumbass. This is my hometown. Went to college at Ksu. Really nice town but they don't enforce that law. My father and many friends still live there.

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Yep, all crimes are committed with guns. You're such a liberal cumdumpster.

I tried going straight to the FBI page but im hopeless trying to navigate that shit.

Heres a couple of sites though:

Crime in Morton Grove, Illinois (IL): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Crime in Kennesaw, Georgia (GA): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm off Cedarcrest at the North end of 92 where it dumps into 41.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Same here. Not sure what my location is listed as here (on phone) I'm right next to stars and strikes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! We should get together. I'm in need of some free labor for my garage project. ;-)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
First off I am a gun owner and fully believe in my 2nd amendment gun rights.

Problem is that you can't contain evil forever. It will always find a way to rear it's ugly head. Which is exactly why we should have the right to carry and own to protect ourselves.

Anyways here is the buzz kill fellas. That article was written in 2007. They had a mass shooting in 2010.

Mass murder inside school safety zone in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

ibleedblue65

Established Member
First off I am a gun owner and fully believe in my 2nd amendment gun rights.

Problem is that you can't contain evil forever. It will always find a way to rear it's ugly head. Which is exactly why we should have the right to carry and own to protect ourselves.

Anyways here is the buzz kill fellas. That article was written in 2007. They had a mass shooting in 2010.

Mass murder inside school safety zone in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

Actually that shooting occurred outside of city limits so technically does not apply but that area is still referred to by locals as kennesaw.

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
Actually that shooting occurred outside of city limits so technically does not apply but that area is still referred to by locals as kennesaw.

Yup, closest city is Kennesaw so it got buzzed. They must be referring to the college as the school safety zone but it's also a bit screwy. The campus is a good ways away but they built the damn stadium and fields way down the road in the middle of the business district. No one would sell them the land around the campus apparently. That whole Penske shooting deal on Barrett Lakes was a wacko deal in it's own right.

Users who are viewing this thread