$250....what next?

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Ok everyone...Next up for me is....? I dont know...I need help. I will be getting about 500 from the irs in a few weeks or so and I am unsure of what to mod next. $500 is my budget...thats it. So...with the mods in my sig what do I need or should I get next. A definite on my list is a FRPP alum. drive shaft...so that leaves me about $250. I was thinking either a Cold Air Kit, or maybe some springs. The only thing with springs is I hear that SHOULD get CC plates to be on the safe side...how much truth is there to that? My other thought was some control arms.....whats the MACA's opinion?

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
unfortunatly JLT does not have a kit for my year just yet. I was planing on waiting for it to come out but it is kinda pricey for just a cold air kit although it is like pvc piping which will not hold heat and looks great

SVTCobra3212

Banned
Depending on what size drop you get will be the deciding factor for CC plates. Some say you don't need them for up to a 1.5" drop (from what i hear). If i were you though I would just wait till you figure out what you wanna do with your suspension (strictly drag, or road racing) before going to buy things concerning that, will probably save you money later. I vote save the money for bigger better things!

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I have a brand new set of Eibach Drag Springs w/Airbag that I will sell you for $225. But only get them if you are truely going to drag race it a lot since you will sacrifice a little street handling with them.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Do a CAI. Better airflow and a little bit of power...I believe that should be one of your first mods. I say do springs too...I never did CC plates in my 98..and I did not notice any issues. I don't have them now either..although I will eventually get them...just not immediate.

Honestly I think the alum drive shaft...would be the last thing I would spend the money on..at least at this moment.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Ok...well I have narrowed it down two 4 mods...grouped in 2's. I will wait on the CAI because I want the JLT kit and it will be out in at least 2 months. So here are my choices.

Aluminum Driveshaft-Subframes
OR
Springs- Caster/Camber Plates

Users who are viewing this thread