26 sline input shaft question.

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
purchased the 03 cobra with a spec clutch installed theres kits that require 26 spline input shaft and some that will fit the factory piece.pedal is pretty stiff and its rather difficult for me to pull out smoothly from a stop without it squeeling like a pig :-D

is there a way to tell or look in the inspection hole on the bellhousing to see anything that would indicate what input shaft it has? or a part # number on the pressure plate? (probably not)

the car will be mostly on the street may take it to the strip once or twice so a 26 spline is not really on my to buy list. its just i have a tick coming from the trans i thought maybe it was from the input shaft( the tick isnt very loud and its not a exhaust leak nor coming from the engine.)

always a down side to buying something like this with multiple owners and unknown mods

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I think you'll spend more time trying to look through the cutout for the fork rather than just taking it apart. Best bet is to just take it apart and see what you have in there. A 26 spline input shaft is well worth it, even for piece of mind. Stock 10 spline shafts snap pretty easily.

Users who are viewing this thread