• 330 cubes with a twin 61 kit

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • 330 cubes with a single kit

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pinkston

Established Member
ok guys i could use some help , well i hope i do this right bc i never do a poll.

ok im doing a car build up, its a 2000 mustang and want to know what you guys think :shrug:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
What do you want to do with the car? What kind of power are you looking to make? I would think the 281 w/ either a single or twin would probably suffice for a street car. You could make well over 700 hp with that displacement and the proper supporting pieces to it.

mongo57988

Established Member
I agree while bigger is always better lol, you should look into your HP goals and the object of the car. IE... street car or drag car or road race. My suggestion is to go for balance you will need just as many suspension, fuel, and safety mods as engine mods. just a thought...... however my new engine has just over 5 liters (4.6 based) with a KB i just bought it two days ago. I dont have either one in the car, and dont know what kinda HP im going to make.

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Twin 61's on a 5.4 are to small IMO. I would go atleast 67's but my dream setup is a single 91mm 5.4 drag car.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I wouldn't do the stroker. The internals will last longer without stroking. I know you can by 1000+hp pieces, but still, it's more stress on components each time. Plus you have to worry about the skirt coming out of the bore. The turbo will make up for any loss of hp. And, at 600+ you won't really miss that loss unless you are a dedicated drag racer. You may not even be able to effectivly put that extra hp to the ground anyway.

01 Venom

Established Member
just reminds me of the King of the Street that 5.0 does. And you see those Cobras making stupid power, and then you look at what they did in the 1/4 mile part. So Pathetic, takes more then monster power to go fast.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
just reminds me of the King of the Street that 5.0 does. And you see those Cobras making stupid power, and then you look at what they did in the 1/4 mile part. So Pathetic, takes more then monster power to go fast.

That is exactly my point.

elyrain

Established Member
I wouldn't do the stroker. The internals will last longer without stroking. I know you can by 1000+hp pieces, but still, it's more stress on components each time. Plus you have to worry about the skirt coming out of the bore. The turbo will make up for any loss of hp. And, at 600+ you won't really miss that loss unless you are a dedicated drag racer. You may not even be able to effectivly put that extra hp to the ground anyway.

a 330ci = 5.4L (usually)

FWIW, a built/turbo'ed 4.6 makes very similar power to a built/blown 5.4 so for simplicities sake just buy an aluminum 4v block and build it with whatever you can get the best deal on (for the turbo I mean).

pinkston

Established Member
ok well the plans are in for a 5.4 4v motor with a single t76 should make over 1,000hp from what the shop said thanks guys

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I coulda sworn I saw 324ci, oh well. Be sure you can handle 1000 hp. It will break things left and right if you don't build the entire car for it. Plus, it will eat your clutch and tires up quick. An automatic will probably do the best job at holding up, but you'll need a good converter. Good luck

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
no kidding! i was just reading the article on the KOTS stuff in the latest 5.0Mustangs magazine. 800-1000rwhp cars running low 11's....not that the cars aren't impressive by any means(i know turbo cars are harder to launch w/ a manual trans). i'm sure they kill just about everything known to man on the streets, i just would have thought/hoped they would have focused on track times a little more than dynos...

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
no kidding! i was just reading the article on the KOTS stuff in the latest 5.0Mustangs magazine. 800-1000rwhp cars running low 11's....not that the cars aren't impressive by any means(i know turbo cars are harder to launch w/ a manual trans). i'm sure they kill just about everything known to man on the streets, i just would have thought/hoped they would have focused on track times a little more than dynos...

800-1000rwhp should hand a lot of guys on bikes their asses too.

Users who are viewing this thread