$295.00 for F1 each (installed) in a local dealer, what you think?

whiteskull

Established Member
Today call a local goodyear dealer give me that price, the guy says is 315.00 for tire but finally i get a 295.00 price. The good thing is there are 16 tires in stock and i only drive 5 min. to the shop. Plus 7 dolars each tire balace.
Good deal or what?
thanks guys :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Freedom

Established Member

no idea if thats good or not.....is shipping unusually high to puerto rico? and why goodyears? I just bought hankooks for $129 each

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
You can get the tires at Sam's for $232 a tire or Walmart for $236 a tire. I wouldn't have them install them but the tires are cheaper. You could buy them from there and have them installed by someone you trust. I just ordered some Nitto's myself. That's assuming you have one there.

Last edited:

whiteskull

Established Member
Here in Puerto rico i cant find that our tire size in waltmart or sams, tha 295.00 price is installed and dont need to pay shipig cost ccause i live 5min. to th a goodyear dealer
her i can find nittto drag radials for 240.00 but i think i go for slicks better. i can find hankooks cheap too but im not convinced at all.

whiteskull

Established Member
Here in Puerto rico i cant find our tire size in waltmart or sams, the 295.00 price is for tire installed and dont need to pay shipig cost ccause i live 5min. to th a goodyear dealer
her i can find nittto drag radials for 240.00 but i think i go for slicks better. i can find hankooks cheap too but im not convinced at all.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I switched to Toyo tires. 169 a piece I had two put on my L for 372.16. Not going back to Good Year they want 243 a piece here in north TN.

SVT2NV

Established Member
I called Goodyear by me for a quote too. I got the same $315/tire crap. Hell for that price I'm definately buying Nittos...

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Switch to the Toyo proxies....

Also, that's waaaaaay to high for F1's...I paid $180.00 a tire at Tire Kingdom. Do the TOYO's....you won't regret it!! I'm switching when i burn these off.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You guys are nuts, I got my first two F1s for 186 each and my second set for 200.....

Mine are just fine tread wear too..

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
What ever you do dont get hankooks. I know some guys have them and love them but they are by far the worst tires i have ever out on the L. I have had three go out of round and the truck rides like hell cause they are so hard. Only good thing about them is they work great in the snow cause of the tread pattern.

whiteskull

Established Member
Choices, by now im running toyos and by the way i pay 280.00 f. dollars each and believe me theres no way i can do better than 2.2 in my 60s. so im open to try another tire, but, 240.00 for 6 month tires like nittos(?) i think i go for slicks and put a 4 set of f1, i never tried cause i buy my truck with toyos.
A friend of my says if you dont have money to buy tires this is not your car, get a bicycle. jej jeee .

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
$160ish for the Toyo's and around $180.00 for the F1's from Tire Kingdom...anything else higher than that and you guys need to find better deals!!

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
$295 ea? Too much, especially for the F1s. They have the treadwear of a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. :lol: Toyos have damn good treadwear but don't hook worth a shit. If you gonna go racing get some drag radials. Toyos are good DD tires. But definitely shop around, I guess some of the tire suppliers think we are all a bunch of "money bags".

Last edited:

stalian999

Established Member
damn dsg!!!135 each... how bout i send you some money (for shipping also) and you get a pair shipped to me.... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread