2holes in the block

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
my son's 04 lightning blew up friday night after going through the gears,it let go about 4000 rpm's in high.the day before the intercooler hose from the cooler to the pump thats behind the blower came off while driving and blew all the fluid out he pulled over and saw what happend fixed it and put new coolent in the tank and was on his way my ? is do you think that was the cause? or was it something else.the truck has a pulley,tune and cai and it only pulls 5250 rpm's so I don't think it was from over reving the engine.what's your opions.thanks,DRAGPAC

oneqkgt

Established Member
its not the cold i was leaning into the truck yesturday with the mp on it. Henry that truck was hit many times with no ic pumps working in the summer heat hurts the motor. Not cold air. The first time i had it the ic harness was away from the pump with the other owner of the truck.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
We also have no idea what his tune is. Is it a custom tune or a canned tune. My canned Diablo tune ran VERY lean at 4200 and up RPM's with a 4 lb lower in 75 degree temps, so I think it is possible to pop one in colder NJ air if the tune isn't dead on. We also have no idea what pulley is on it. A 6lb in the cold can sure as hell peg the MAF.

Your truck might be tuned for the conditions. His truck might not be. We have a very vague description of all of the mods to work with.

oneqkgt

Established Member
safe tune 15-16 deg of timing custom tune safe af. The chip i pulled out before had about 21 deg of timing in it and the owner of the truck at that time had no idea the ic pump was not working and all the spark retards for act must of been set to not take timing out. Thats what your up against when you have something that had been tuned before and maybe a driver that isnt so nice with the truck. Its the way it goes sometime.

lightningmanny

Established Member
it had to be the tune....i got more mods then that on a 99 and 75k on the clock....and im still doing good.....knock on wood....

Users who are viewing this thread