2k-3k infamous engine noise diagnosis

alcarames

Established Member
This engine makes many different sounds some are normal and some aren't. Not all coyotes makes these noises. The noise I'm speaking of is not one that any available tsb will fix, I've had them all done. I've been following a few guys through YouTube who have the same exact noise. A few of them have had their engines replaced.

Recently one person had their mediation with ford and the issue was diagnosed as wrist pin knock in cyl 2. These people's symptoms and noise are identical to mine. At its worst right after oil change, gets slightly quieter after several hundred miles. Noise is heard between 2-3k rpm's, worst under load but I can replicate it while revving at idle. Noise not present until engine warmed up.

Ford right now is telling me engineering knows about this issue and are working on a fix but no eta is available. Sounds like bs to me, they tried telling me it was a normal engine characteristic. Any thoughts on wrist pin knock? Is this something that can eventually lead to catastrophic engine failure?

alcarames

Established Member
It's not a ticking sound, I would describe it as more of a rattle. I know what the injector sounds like and this is not it. I'll post some of the YouTube videos.

alcarames

Established Member
Oil weight has nothing to do with it, many with this noise have tried heavier weights while still using the specified motorcraft filter and the noise still exists. I first heard the noise on my car after the second oil change.

Users who are viewing this thread