2ND complain about slp bands

Anabolic

Banned
I LOVE my SLP catback, good quality piping. Like the way they connect.. just NOT the frigan band clamps. Seems like you are going to break them if you tighten them anymore though..
I'm about to go ape shit with my MAC AW-1000 impact & see what happens

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The clamps for the tips of my magnaflow catback would not stay tight no matter how much I cranked on them. Just had to tack them in place. One of them things.....my slp catbacks clamps never loosened lol

Anabolic

Banned
well they don't loosen, it just seems the connectors wont get tight & I can still move the pipes around regardless.. Do you think they would be ok IF i crank on them with an impact?

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I have the slp catback too. And I noticed they dont seem to get really tight but they never moved or came apart.

I wouldn't crank on them with an impact cause I know I tried to tighten one really good with just a ratchet and noticed I bent the piping. So now in one spot I cant rotate the clamp around, and I have to make sure I put the pipes together the same way.

You could try and buy some nice t-bolt clamps see if that helps. I was going to replace all mine since my clamps are looking pretty beat now. I got the slp catback when it first came out.

-Tim

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Anabolic

Banned
hey tim, this is tim also! lol thanks for chiming in..
Their design (I think is the best because there's no falnges) very free flowing design. It doesnt leak but you can see the moisture dripping. Just wanna get it tight without damaging the pipe. But atleast I know you can bend the pipe with the clamp I can atleast tighten it some more then..

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
No problem Tim! Lol

And yeah I love the exhaust never had any problems with it and I still get compliments on it.

I know what u mean about the water dripping. I thought about using some high temp rtv to seal it but its a modular exhaust system that bolts together it will never be perfectly sealed unless its welded. But that defeats the purpose of exhuast imo. As long as I don't hear any loud ticking from exhuast leaking I'm happy.

-Tim

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread