2nd day of ownership - layed down

mark209

Marines Lead The Way
Established Member
So my dad surprised me yesterday with a new suzuki gsxr750, and i was so happy. Today i figured id go for a bit of a longer run, so i let her warm up and decide to ride around the neighborhood for a little bit before i go out. I was minding my own business driving around where i drive by like 4 times a day at least, and i come to this stop sign (i dont think ive stopped at it for about 2 years) and naturally not even thinking i just slow down and start to turn when i glance and see a cop out of the corner of my eye so i think to myself now youve done it idiot a ticket your 2nd day of owning it. So without thinking i jam on the brakes in a panic and i wobble a little and thats when it his me "oh sh*t" and over i go, with the cop right there looking at me in the middle of the damn intersection too (what a lucky guy). So now im thinking to myself oh great now you just busted ass in front of a cop, and fu*ked up your new ride nice job man. The cop gets outta his car and asks me "what my malfunction is" and i simply explained i just got it the other day and am feeling it out. He helped me up and i was on my way... scratched as hell albeet :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: At least i didnt get a ticket.. or maybe im just trying to sugar coat things... what an idiot :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I think the cop went back to the office and told all his friends while they laughed hysterically.

he felt bad for you so he couldnt give you a ticket.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
That sucks. I saw a rider hit dirt in a construction side and slid under a truck. Luckily no-one was hurt but you just had to feel bad for the poor guy. Took a turn and hit the gravel. :(

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by mark209
The cop gets outta his car and asks me "what my malfunction is"

It's a shame that he couldn't have just helped you without the smart-ass comment or looking for a way to give you a ticket.
:shrug:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Like I was saying...by his attitude he was an ass. I dont use much rear brake at all. Dont worry about doing endos unless you really crank down on the fronts you dont have to worry about going over the handlebars.

mark209

Marines Lead The Way
Established Member
Re: Re: 2nd day of ownership - layed down

Originally posted by NyteByte
It's a shame that he couldn't have just helped you without the smart-ass comment or looking for a way to give you a ticket.
:shrug:

Yeah, im still alive so i guess it could be worse. I just feel bad because its not like im inexperienced, ive been riding for a couple years, my bro taught me on his 97 gsx600, its just one of those panic moments and my brain had a complete lapse in sense :nonono:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
sorry to hear that, at least your not hurt and it sounds like the damage is just minor ie,the plastic, They say there are two kinds of motorcycle riders, those who have layed thier bikes down, and those who will, unfortantly you got to the second group alot faster than you would have liked. all things considered this was about as minor as you could hope for, no ticket, injurie or seriuos damage hope you get it fixed soon......ride safe...

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
That's a bitch man. Do yourself a favor and leave the scuffed plastic on there for the first couple thousand miles....you will really be pissed if you replace all the scuffed plastic and then do it all over again.

mark209

Marines Lead The Way
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
"motorcycle safety course"

I have, its just one of those oddball things i would never have guessed to happen, my brain went dead i was thinking of everything i shouldent have at that moment. Even my first day/week/month of riding i have never layed one down-until i got my own bike, how sh*tty is that :rolleyes:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Look at it this way, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Learn the bike and be more careful. Ther are only 2 type of riders:
rider who has layed it down
rider who hasnt layed it down YET.

Be safe and have fun

Alex

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
If you want to become a better rider, have your dad get you a dirt bike and hit the off road courses on the weekends. That way you learn how to ride out a slide rather than wipe it. My years of dirt bike riding as a kid have probably saved my life a couple of time when cages ran me off the road. A GSXR is a bike for experts.

Users who are viewing this thread