2nd gear smoke fest

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
Went to the track friday...13.4 @ 112. I couldn't get 2nd gear to hook for sh!t. After I dropped to 20psi in the tires, I got first to hook, but 2nd wouldn't no matter what I tried. Anyway, Is anyone running with a torque arm? The DR's are in the mail, I got new uppers and lowers in the works and I'm going to get the toque boxes welded, but I'm thinking about getting a torque arm, so if you got one or experience with one...info would be appreciated. Thanks

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Until you get a set of DR's come off of idle and feather the throttle in first then let her rip in second after a good shift. As long as you keep them from spinning in first you should be okay in second. I ran consistent 12.8's@115 with no powershifting coming off of idle in my '98, that was with 6 lbs of boost also.

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
I didn't even try coming off the line idleing. I tryed keeping her around 2k-2500 at the tree. Hmm...well, I see what happens with the DR's. I could only powershift 3-4. 1-2 & 2-3 just ate the clutch. Almost redlined twice. Not something I want to do with 10lbs of boost on stock internals. Thanks Booyah.

Wildpony

Established Member
With radials I would launch @2,000-2,500 and the best 60' I could get was a 1.99. I couldn't really get into 2nd gear hard until about halfway through the rpm's. I would "lift shift" into 3rd as well and still have to let off a little as the car starts to break loose-not fun at 80-90mph. I still have yet to make alot of passes at the track to experiment (too many people in line to run/not enough time to go). The best time is in the sig. I would like to see a 11sec slip on the radials, but I need more time at the track.(I'm pretty sure I have enough power)..

Users who are viewing this thread