2nd gen sho?

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
How come nobody talks about them?
I have a 96 sho its fast for a big car, Ive showed a few stangs and z28 my tail lights if their stock.
Its stock exept for k&n but I wish it wasnt so.... anybody know inexpensive mods???

------------------------------------------

96 sho
99 lightning
96 explorer 5.0
99 expedition

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
You actually have a 3rd generation Sho. Go over to shoshop.com and do some :read: . The aftermarket is slowly picking up for the V8, just be sure to weld your cam.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Nobody talks about them, because except for the owners, they are pretty much forgotten about and given up on. There are a few SHO guys here. Keep on posting I'll reply :-D

GUNMETAL-SHO

Established Member
inexpensive mods

:lol:
Sure there are alot of mods you can do that dont cost too much at all. like tou mentioned the K&N filters especially for your air filter
you can remove the bulky air filter unit( the box) remove the inner
wheel well cover. There is a system that you can purchase just for this procedure and it gives you up to 5-15 extra horses. you can change the MAF(mass air flow), up it from I believe 83mm to about 100mm and it can really boost your performance. If you any Questions give me a call or E-mail me. I can help you do anything you want to do with you fast fords.

GUNMETAL-SHO
E-mail:[email protected]

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'd like to know where you are getting your information about SHOs. 83-100mm MAFs.........Uh ok.......:rollseyes

blast7

Established Member
The stock MAF on a SHO is 55mm and a common upgrade is the 80mm MAF. However, you will need an LPM(lifetime performance module) which is a piggy back for the computer to get the most out of the 80mm. The LPM is around $200 but you can get the chip reburned for the rest of your life, depending on what mods you have and how you want the car to perform. There really aren't any cheap mods for the SHO. It already produces 73hp/liter stock. The best bang for the buck is an aftermarket y-pipe. The stock one is very restrictive.
For mods check these links out:
www.spmotorsports.com
www.shoshop.com
www.iptech.tv
www.performance-plus.com
www.tceperformanceproducts.com
www.shonutperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread