2nd I/C pump went out!!!!

castellscl

Established Member
I don't know what the deal is with these POS Bosch I/C pumps:fm:
I had my 2nd go on the fritz. I even used a Dielectric grease on the connectors and sealed it in liquid Electrical tape.

I guess I'll just breakdown and buy a meizer pump.
Anybody know a good place to get a kit?

SADF

Established Member
Man, I just ordered the Bosch cause mine went out (still waiting on it btw. Supposed to arrived today. I considered the DMP one, but I did not want to pay the price because I did not see the benefits. I think sometimes the benefits of a product have nothing to do with outstanding performance as much as it doesnt f'n break

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Man, I just ordered the Bosch cause mine went out (still waiting on it btw. Supposed to arrived today. I considered the DMP one, but I did not want to pay the price because I did not see the benefits. I think sometimes the benefits of a product have nothing to do with outstanding performance as much as it doesnt f'n break

Well in this case brother one of the benefits is lower intake temps :)

SADF

Established Member
Well in this case brother one of the benefits is lower intake temps :)

Well I know its more beneficial, just like a heat exchanger or (maybe) electic waterpump, navi/cobra r waterpump, where the benefits are there, but you won't feel them completely. I wish I would have bought the other one now, but one thing I feared was I was not sure if the Meziere/DMP one would bolt right up. It looked as if it gave you alot of variety on where you could bolt (I guess it was universal), but it I didn't know if it would be a pain to just bolt it up like the stock one. For some reason when I have to replace something that is bad, I just want it to be straight forward. If its custom and its lalala-hell yeah-cool I have patience and don't mine fabricating or anything, but when it stock and fixing I have no damn paitience. Plus I was strapped for cash and just wanted my intercooler pump to work. Bet that I end up having to replace this one and have to get the DMP one anyways:rollseyes

ViciousJay

Established Member
Well I know its more beneficial, just like a heat exchanger or (maybe) electic waterpump, navi/cobra r waterpump, where the benefits are there, but you won't feel them completely. I wish I would have bought the other one now, but one thing I feared was I was not sure if the Meziere/DMP one would bolt right up. It looked as if it gave you alot of variety on where you could bolt (I guess it was universal), but it I didn't know if it would be a pain to just bolt it up like the stock one. For some reason when I have to replace something that is bad, I just want it to be straight forward. If its custom and its lalala-hell yeah-cool I have patience and don't mine fabricating or anything, but when it stock and fixing I have no damn paitience. Plus I was strapped for cash and just wanted my intercooler pump to work. Bet that I end up having to replace this one and have to get the DMP one anyways:rollseyes

I hate to ask you guys but have you checked or replaced the solinoid? also i dont see a heat exchanger or aftermarket i/c pump helping till your over 450+ hp

SADF

Established Member
I hate to ask you guys but have you checked or replaced the solinoid? also i dont see a heat exchanger or aftermarket i/c pump helping till your over 450+ hp

Where dat be at? All I have done is cleaned the connector with fast drying electric cleaner I had at the house. I was under the truck seeing how hard/easy it was going to be and did that while I was at it. Let me know, maybe thats all it is.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member

cant really put a HP rating on when you need something like that... some one in cali would see an improvment on a stock truck but a guy in alaska may not see anything till 500HP. plus alot of the road race guys will see a benifit to it since they are in and out of boost so much the HE and better pump will be a huge plus for them to keep the IAT2s down

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
Where dat be at? All I have done is cleaned the connector with fast drying electric cleaner I had at the house. I was under the truck seeing how hard/easy it was going to be and did that while I was at it. Let me know, maybe thats all it is.

IC Pump Relay, fuse box in the ENgine compartment

chrisheltra

Established Member

I couldnt find the link to the thread on this site so i just quoted myself from another.

EDIT: Just found the link on SVTP
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407689

I have made a bracket to install a Meziere I/C pump in the stock location. A drawing with dimensions is below. You will have to remove the stock pump bracket in order to install the new bracket. The new bracket should be made from 3/8 aluminum or steel. It will install with the two screws that were removed to take the stock bracket out.

bracket4.jpg

Stans design is loosely based off of my design, but with his kit you wont have to fab anything yourselves. All you would have to do for install is remove the stock pump bracket and install the new one in the same place using the stock hardware you removed. Then its just as simple as bolting the pump to the new bracket. Then splicing in the two new power wires.

It isnt universal and you dont have an option as to where youd like to mount the pump unless you wanted to drill and tap new holes under the truck.

Last edited:

castellscl

Established Member
In may case, this is my second pump to go bad. I want to be done with bad pumps, so I'm going with better Quality.

Yes, I checked the relay, and the connector was clean, cause is was physically soldered to the pump connector (My job in the USMC is a Micro-min solder tech and ground electronics tech). I even weather proofed it when I installed the second one with liquid tape. ALL other connections were good to go.
It is an internal problem with the pumps electronics. If I pulled up/back on the pumps connector it would run, when I let go it would stop(keep in mind I soldered the wires to the pump connector leads themselves, so it's not a bad connection on the outside).

Needless to say, I could care less if the pump had a lower flow rating and cooled less, After 2 of the bosch pumps, I'm just looking for reliability

ViciousJay

Established Member
cant really put a HP rating on when you need something like that... some one in cali would see an improvment on a stock truck but a guy in alaska may not see anything till 500HP. plus alot of the road race guys will see a benifit to it since they are in and out of boost so much the HE and better pump will be a huge plus for them to keep the IAT2s down

hmmmmm i ice down my stock intercooler, i see a differnece there other wise what sa few degrees gonna do? not a whole lot :shrug:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member

the kit from DMP is direct bolt up...at most you may need to cut the connector off the stock pump and solder it to the Mez pump...otherwise there is no custom fabbing needed, the kit has all you need :)

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
hmmmmm i ice down my stock intercooler, i see a differnece there other wise what sa few degrees gonna do? not a whole lot :shrug:

those few degrees could be what keeps your ECU from pulling timing ;-)
if you have the ability to get it....get it.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
its not just the few degree's here or there. the larger tank and HE will allow for the temps to rise slower. so say your normaly gaining 5* on a pass when your iced down. you ice down the larger tank and HE you may not see the temps rise at all.

easy way to look at it. put 1 cup of water on the stove turn it on high... put another pot on the stove with 3 cups in it on high.

which one boils first....

Users who are viewing this thread