2nd time @ track new best

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Well second time @ Carlsbad, and it was fun, although it started out kind of crappy, got beat by a Camaro, because of my driving the first time and then by another 11 second Camaro with ET Streets, cool guy though both of them, the first time, I was asleep at the tree, 1.109 reaction time to his .774, his 12.904 @ 110.44 to my 13.077 @ 115.28 see the mph though, his 60ft was 2.070 to my 2.280, I think he had DR, I think I was the only fool there on street tires, by the time I finally lowered my tire pressure and started getting better 60 ft times ( still around 2.2's ) the car had been hot lapped all day and it was humid as hell and one of the guys said there was a cross wind to, anyway I kept trying and started popping off some hi 12's, my best 12.783 @ 115.55 with a 2.242 60ft time beat my previous so I was happy about that and also my mph was in the 115's all day long, and again this was in full street trim, I just pull up as is and sit at the gate by myself while everydody preps there cars (i.e. put on there slicks and such), alot of lightnings there and Camaros, there was a Dodge SRT4, running 14's there, I will get better though and get some ET Streets and try again. Sorry for the long post I will down load a couple of pic's I took in a minute.

Last edited:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
The line that starts across the street from the track, these are the cars in front of me.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
It was my Anniversary, my wife had some business to take care of this morning , so I kill my time by going to the track, lol

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Wow, I have never seen Carlsbad that crowded.
I have not been there since late May.
Good runs!!!

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
First one at the lanes because I have nothing to prep, I just pull right up as is, lol

LSs1Power

Established Member
Congrats on the new best ADR, with that MPH and 2.0-2.1 60ft at the least u will be running 12.2-12.5 easy. I would change to Nittos on the back and try again and u wont believe how much it will make a difference. Oh by the way the nittos i run on my car and my car is daily driver. I drive the nittos in the rain, snow, dry weather, drag racing(18psi), road course racing, and auto x. So u can pretty much do whatever u want with them and they hook up nice. good luck.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Thanks, yeah the 11 second Camaro had the Nittos on the back and he said once you heat them up good, they make a world of difference, so tha will be my next mod even before my headers and TB.

LSs1Power

Established Member
Yes the tires makes alot of difference. For me the nittos made more difference at the road course since my car is setup for that(Very Stiff) than the drag racing. I dont have to worry about oversteer when i have the nittos on the car. Just a little power slide to bring the nose of the car into the turn as i want. Very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread