2v 03/04 stang with twins vs B/B chevelle

flashlight

Established Member
I was out in my chevelle. Its a 498 with a glide/gearvendor and 4.56 gears. and 295/65 MT DR's. There was a black GT with dr's at the meet that sounded good. I talked to the guy for a little while and found out it hade twins so I asked him if he wanted to run. He said yes but we would have to do it from a roll because he had nothing out of the hole. I figured I would just run him on motor no big deal. We rolled at 40. We were even while he went through a few gears, but once he got it in a high enough gear to load the turbos it just left. We tryed it again but with me on spray. I let him know that I would have to let out at about 110 because the converter slips to bad in overdrive. I thought that was a fair trade seeing we was running from a roll. We rolled at 30 this time. I put about 3 cars on him and stay in it untill the shift light came on in drive. But he was starting to pull me back by the time I let out. I was glad I stayed ahead, but damn that car was quick.

flashlight

Established Member
+1
What's your car run in the 1/4?

Im not sure. It wont make thru the 1/4 on nitrous the way it is. It has run a 6.31 at 107 in the 1/8 on a 150 shot. Its has run a 10.80 at 120 in the 1/4 on the motor. On nitrous the conveter slips so bad it will hit the revlimiter in overdrive just past the 1/8 mile. Its not to bad in drive but once it goes in overdrive it slips bad.

Users who are viewing this thread