2V D1sc: Which pulley to use?

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
I'm about to install a D1sc on my 2001 GT in the coming weeks and I will be ordering the BGG 8rib kit for it. I'm not sure what size pulley I should be running to meet my goals, and more importantly, avoid having to change belts every week because of belt slip destroying them. I'm thinking either a 3.4/3.2 but I really have no clue so ANY help or suggestions would be appreciated greatly. As far as goals I'd like to be making somewhere around 550+rwhp on boost only (I'll be spraying it as well:rockon:). So here are my questions...

How small of an 8rib pulley can I run with the stock crank pulley before belt slip become ridiculous?

What size pulley do you think I'll need to make 550+rwhp with the stock 6.5" crank pulley? I'll be spinning this combo to about 6500-6600rpm

Mods are as follows...

MMR 800 shortblock (8.5-9:1 not sure off the top of my head)
Patriot Stage 2 ported heads
Crower stage 2 blower cams/good springs
Edelbrock Victor Jr Manifold w/rails
6061 4150 styleIntake elbow
75mm throttle body
Long tube headers w/3'' cats and full catback
D1sc w/ ProCharger 3core sheet metal intercooler
Anderson Power Pipe
Red Race Valve
3'' PMAS
Cobra tank with dual cobra pumps and 40A BAP
60lb injectors

Any help or personal combinations that you could give would be awesome. I know boost varies with intake and headwork etc... But I figure I should be able to get a pulley size within the ballpark of what I need. Thanks.

Last edited:

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
it looks like the 3.2 should get me there, so I think I'm going to go with that unless anyone has any other suggestions.:shrug:

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
It's hard to say, every car is different. You can look at what the general # is people are getting from their setup, but you may end up having to try a few pullies and see what you get.

I am seeing 19psi @7000rpm with a D1, anderson power pipe, 3.7 pulley, stock crank, and 3 core intercooler. I have zero belt slip issues and am still on a 6-rib.

I have heard that a 3.2 is the smallest you can go on the D1 before belt slip becomes an issue... but if you go 8-rib it will help. I personally think you can hit your goal of 550 with a 3.4, pushing probably around 14-15psi.

Make sure you have a good belt, I recommend Gates. And if it is not a pain in the ass to get the belt on, I mean a SERIOUS pain in the ass... it is not small enough of a belt :coolman:

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Yeah I agree with the above...Im running a 3.5 pulley and see 15-16ish at 6600rpm with a 6 rib also. Every car is different, Id try a 3.6 or 3.4 pulley and go from there

randoo

Established Member
Im seeing 19psi at 6400 with a 3.6 and 10% IW crank pulley. 6 rib with no slip. Stroked 4V tho...if that matters

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread