2v TF Head Numbers here!

RMoore92

Established Member
My combo made 525/550 on JLP Heads. Only change I made was TF 2v heads and made 548/603!

And this is with the blower having a problem holding boost and spinning as fast as the engine. My tuner thinks the blower doesn't have a big enough blower and the 2.3 doesn't have the volume to push the air the motor and heads are commanding.

Don't have a graph yet, just got back from the dyno. Pics to follow.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
You don't need a bigger blower, just a 10# lower pulley. It will move plenty of air and give you over 600HP to the tires pretty easily.

Jim

castellscl

Established Member
stock whipple upper and #8 lower should get you about 18-19 at wot shifts.

Then again, he could have chosen a 'bad' head/cam combo...

RMoore92

Established Member
Increasing the boost won't fix the problem. It will just make the problem worse then it already is. Its pulling 16-17 psi to about 5200 rpm and slow drops to 15 psi by 5700 rpm in which it stops making power at 5200 because the blower isn't keeping up.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
So spin the blower faster. I've never heard of a Whipple 2.3 not being able to keep up. A 23 rwhp gain is good but I just don't see the blower being the problem. :shrug:

JohnnyLightning

Established Member
My combo made 525/550 on JLP Heads. Only change I made was TF 2v heads and made 548/603!

I find this somewhat Questionable..I have personally tuned several trucks with the TF hds.And have seen anywhere from 0-4 hp gains! vs. our OLD R heads,Thats it!..When did you purchase our Heads? Which heads did you purchase our R or XR's?,You state this was the ONLY thing changed..Were the air/intercooler Temps the same when you did this test?.was the baro and humidity The same?Was this test conducted back to back? was the Timing/boost the same? You see there's alot of things that must be done to make a Fair comparison..Since You made this comparison with our JLP heads.i would like to know the answers to these questions at hand..I feel something just dosn't add up..i could be wrong here,maybe you can comment on these questions and maybe shed some more light on this Test at hand...Congrats on the good #'s..JL

Last edited:

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
JL said hes tuned some TF heads, I would think he's got to have some results between the 2.:shrug:

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I think your #'s sound low with both sets of heads. I'm running mild stage 2 cams in my motor and made 541/602 with a MP. (although I ws spinning it a lot faster than you are spinning your whipple) The 2.3 whipple guys I have watched dyno both made more power than me with a lot less blower overdrive than I run.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
The Whipple 2.3 has supported HP as high as 670s . Going to see how much HP it will support myself real soon. Need to reach about 675 if I am going to run against the big bore SC trucks. I will have quite a bit higher compression working for me( and a bit of spray on top of that)

Jim

01whiteL

Established Member
The Whipple 2.3 has supported HP as high as 670s . Going to see how much HP it will support myself real soon. Need to reach about 675 if I am going to run against the big bore SC trucks. I will have quite a bit higher compression working for me( and a bit of spray on top of that)

Jim

I watched a certain truck pull damn near 700rwhp all boost.... I don't know if it ever broke 700's but I remember 696rwhp. Lawrence (SSthis) his truck.

Users who are viewing this thread