2v tuned, unexpected outcome

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Last Thursday I made my trip to Alternative Auto to have Lidio retune my car with the new BCA trans and Circle D converter. Aside from those changes were a couple minor changes such as the Team Z adjustable upper control arms and a Gords heat exchanger.

Back in 2015 the car made 669/590 on boost and on spray it made a disappointing 680/672 running into issues.

This time around was a more successful turnaround. It was in the mid 60s with terrible humidity, gotta love Michigan weather! Anyway, off the trailer, the car made an astounding 737/684! Lidio and I had no words to explain the huge jump, except for the most notable change, the converter. He made a tiny A/F and did a second pull to try to duplicate it and this time it made 735/700!! We were satisfied with these numbers enough to move onto the Spray numbers.

First pull on a 75 shot, car made 774/822 with the nitrous shutting off at 5500rpm, a problem we encountered back in 2015. We attempted a second pull, and made 778/808, probably because of bottle pressure dropping. We could not pinpoint this irritating drop in nitrous, so we left it as is until I am able to locate this drop off. But with the graph showing the continuous uphill climb, we are confident that once I find this mysterious hiccup, it is capable of over 800 on spray, and I plan on throwing a 100 shot in there as well.

All of this from a measly 2v, It has surpassed my expectations and with it being down all of last summer it has definitely been worth the wait.

9s here we come!

Attachments

• 18765786_10100628869689009_4229748822670347610_n.jpg
    18765786_10100628869689009_4229748822670347610_n.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 94

KzooMuscle

Established Member
BTW, if anyone has any suggestion as to why my nitrous is shutting off on its own at 5500rpm when I have the wot box set to 6600rpm - I would greatly appreciate it. It is an newer NX kit, I have not had a chance to call them directly yet but I plan on it. Would still like input. Thanks.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Why would you consider the heat exchanger a minor change?

Good gains though!!!

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Seems like you must not be getting a good tach signal to your window switch or you have faulty window switch somehow.. or it's setup for a V10 :p

I have a nice brand new NOS switch still in the package. You would be welcome to borrow it for testing if you want, just pay shipping to and from... just lmk.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Seems like you must not be getting a good tach signal to your window switch or you have faulty window switch somehow.. or it's setup for a V10 :p

I have a nice brand new NOS switch still in the package. You would be welcome to borrow it for testing if you want, just pay shipping to and from... just lmk.

Thanks for the suggestion and offer, I will definitely keep you in mind when I go to test it.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Why would you consider the heat exchanger a minor change?

Good gains though!!!

In comparison to something like a pulley, or e85 where you can anticipate additional power, in my opinion a HEX is more to help cooling efficiencies, it does not always claim additional numbers. Just my perception of it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

KzooMuscle

Established Member
A poorly designed one can add a lot of restriction, too. As shown in

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...tercoolers-my-personal-psa-video-lol.1140280/

I completely agree. I was running the KB HEX that came with my kit, it was useless. I did months of research and from what I found aside from going with a killer chiller, Gords seemed to be the best and in addition, he did some custom work to help it fit on my specific car. It was more costly in the end but I feel it was worth it rather than buying an off the shelf one.

Users who are viewing this thread