2v, which way to go

saleenkid01

Established Member
Ive been doing quite a bit of research into this. its down to a 2.6l kb, a twin -turbo setup, or a big single turbo. the motor is a built and stroked 2v with a p1sc-2 on it right now. car makes 537 rwhp/445 rwtq. im kind of leaning to the 2.6kb, because I like the full boost from about 2000rpm's and up and i also like the fact i can save some money by not having to switch to a k-member not that that is a deal breaker though.the main reason i want to go turbo is to get close to that 4-digit rear wheel hp number. but then i started thinking there's always gonna be someone out there faster than meand how much hp do you really need. so I think its gonna be the 2.6 just wanted some opinions from others, thanks for your time.

DaBigBone

Established Member
If it were me, I'd go with the KB. But I'm biased towards the twin screws over the turbos. I plan on going with one soon as well.

Out of curiosity, what's your bottom end set up?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Prochargers come with a FMIC. So he's already intercooled. The 2.6 would increase the fun factor I think. Since the boost will be there whenever you step on it. But I know a properly sized turbo can spool pretty quick too.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Twins will have boost down low. It is much simpler to slap a KB on it though. What is your fuel system?

saleenkid01

Established Member
Out of curiosity, what's your bottom end set up?

its a cobra block, with all forged internals

What is your current CR on the motor?

compression ratio i believe is 8.5:1

What is your fuel system?

fuel system is ther, not quite finished though. 75# inj., cobra tank with dual gt-40braided lines up to the rails pumps,i think they're -6 to -8 know i need to upgrade the fpdm

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
I have had both KB's and Procharger's, and I prefer the twin screw KB for running around on the street and the occassional strip jaunt....just more fun down low, IMO. Plus, the KB will be a little simpler to get set-up and running....

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Don't waist your time with a 2.6, call MPH and get the 2.8H with the boheemoth intake and you'll have one of the sickest 2 Valves out there! Yes, you can buy it!

matt87

Established Member
is your car blue by any chance? if its the car i'm thinking its beautiful. i say to try to get a ride in both setups. i like the simplicity of a belt driven blower like pd and centris. i had big single turbo setups in my old grand nationals and yes they do make tons of power but constantly needed tuning. i agree...skip the 2.6 and get a 2.8h. you could always try a F1 and more boost but your probally just bored of the procharger. oh ya what rear gears you running?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The F1 wil fit in your current bracket. It would probably be the easiest swap out of all of them. It won't get you the low end of a KB though.

saleenkid01

Established Member
I see you're from RI. Curious...who does your work/tuning?

Dez,built the motor on the car and put the procharger and the tuning. But, when I decide what Im doing, whether, its the turbo or the kenne bell, the car will be going to karl's east coast speed in warwick. he tuned an 03 cobra that i bought with a 2.8h kb. car made 687 rwhp, so i figure ill let him see what he can do with my car.

is your car blue by any chance? if its the car i'm thinking its beautiful. i say to try to get a ride in both setups. i like the simplicity of a belt driven blower like pd and centris. i had big single turbo setups in my old grand nationals and yes they do make tons of power but constantly needed tuning. i agree...skip the 2.6 and get a 2.8h. you could always try a F1 and more boost but your probally just bored of the procharger. oh ya what rear gears you running?

No, I have a black saleen with with 20" xxr rims, and 20k hids. Also, i had a 2.8H kenne bell cobra that made 687rwhp. the salee mad 538rwhp. I loved the pull of that kb, thats y I think Im gonna switch to kb. Also, from what Ive been told the 2.8h doesnt fit on the 2v motor or believe it woulve been swapped

matt87

Established Member
i guess i havnt seen yours yet, stll sounds nice though! i met a guy from prov a couple months ago. he had a black saleen/gt clone vert. it had a built 2v and what he said was a 2.8??? he had the fore hat and twin gt pumps but was having issues with the socks pinching the bottom of the tank. ya dez did my stuff too. my engine is stock hence the low numbers from the d1.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member

are you thinking about this car?
Picture249.jpg

and i think if you want big power go turbo or if you want a decent street car then go with the kennebell. Dez racing is awesome. i have to get my car tuned there as soon as i get the turbo on.

Users who are viewing this thread