3,000 rpm idle

P Weave

Established Member
I just got done installing my 2.8LC Kenne Bell and started it for the first time. Fired right up and immediately shot up to 3,000 rpm. I shut it off and checked the throttle body and cable to ensure they were installed probably. Started back up same thing. Blipped the throttle to try and re set and it actually stayed to were I revved it to. Tried again, started 3,000 rpm, revved to 4,000, took my foot off, stayed at 4,000. Put my foot on the brake and into 1st gear and slowly let out the clutch, the rpms went down and then I let go of the clutch, immediately went back up to 3,000. Visually inspected the throttle blade was fully closed. Whats going on here?

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
I dont know much about KB blowers. Is your inlet on the KB set up for a stock TB vs a SB?

P Weave

Established Member
I've done some research and its basically 50/50 with people having issues and not having issues with SB and stock... the inlet is non mammoth which requires a SB so I was under the assumption that my stock one would work fine. I'm going to try and adjust the tps like you suggested, haven't checked that.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Sorry man, stock TBs wont work on a SB inlet. They have different IAC ports. This is your idle problem

P Weave

Established Member
You know what...they sent me a SB intake. I was so distracted by everything else that I didn't even realize. One of the IAC holes is completely plugged.

Is this a normal SB intake? It looks like a hybrid...like its ported for a twin blade but also the thin SB slot on top...Does anyone have a picture of the backside of the Accufab SB?
20140104_223337_zps46de4b83.jpg

They even sent me a new stock gasket...
20140104_223352_zpsc0d721be.jpg

And the instructions are for the stock TB
20140104_223632_zps1b25d46b.jpg

Last edited:

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Accufab is all I have ever used. Its a geat TB plus you can find them here used (cheap). Just make sure you set that TPS before you start it up :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread