3.4 Whipple guys inside plz

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
in the last few days i have made the decision to go skip the port on the Eaton and go straight to the Whipple. i am pretty much sold on the 3.4 as it's only a few hundred more than the 2.3. i have searched several times here and found some good info, but i'd like to hear right from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

what i'd like to know is the particulars of your setup. i don't have the coin yet to upgrade to the Crusher right off the bat so i'm going to have to make do with the stock intake from the 3.4.

1. how much boost are you running? what is your pulley combo for said boost levels?

2. injector size? i'm looking at the 60# ers but think it might be wise to go larger for future expandability?

3. fuel system setup. returnless or return style?

4. MAF housing size? i have a 90mm on my list, would the 110mm be overkill?

5. hp/tq #'s if you don't mind posting them. i'm trying to get a feel for where i'd like the car to be at XX#'s of boost?

6. did you shim the k-member or modify the hood/ go cowl hood to fit this blower?

the more info on your setup the better. any and all advice/input is greatly appreciated. i would like to do this right the first time and not have to redo anything. i have a list of all supporting mods for the cooling, trans, IRS, etc. so this is going to be a more than just a blower swap.

my goal is to be around the 650whp mark. this will be on a stock long block with only 19k miles on it.

looking forward to your responses :read:. thanks fellas!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
1. Will be 3.8 upper(Lethal part), @6" lower from Lethal as well for around 18-20lbs. Will also run the 3.5 that comes with it for fun. :D

2. FRPP 80lb injs

3. returnless, Fore/Lethal/ products, triple GT pumps, larger fuel lines

4. Crusher setup with GT500 slotted meter

5. not installed yet

6. stock hood with k-member shims

Will also be going with a twin disk clutch to handle the big #s. My cooling system is all aftermarket and I'll be picking up a head cooling setup as well. Staying 6spd and IRS. Got complete bushing setup for the IRS.

I think you'll be fine with 60 lb injs if 650whp is going to be your max.

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
1. Will be 3.8 upper(Lethal part), @6" lower from Lethal as well for around 18-20lbs. Will also run the 3.5 that comes with it for fun. :D

2. FRPP 80lb injs

3. returnless, Fore/Lethal/ products, triple GT pumps, larger fuel lines

4. Crusher setup with GT500 slotted meter

5. not installed yet

6. stock hood with k-member shims

Will also be going with a twin disk clutch to handle the big #s. My cooling system is all aftermarket and I'll be picking up a head cooling setup as well. Staying 6spd and IRS. Got complete bushing setup for the IRS.

I think you'll be fine with 60 lb injs if 650whp is going to be your max.

thanks for the input. since you'll be running triple pumps i'll assume your using the Zone 5 MDM? and the 650 is just what i'm aiming for the initial install #'s. do you think the dual Fore/Lethal setup w/ dual FPDM's will be enough for now? i think i'll be limited to somewhere in the 650ish range with the stock 3.4 inlet. i'll eventually turn the wick up when i can scratch up the $$ for the Crusher.

04torchred

Established Member
1. how much boost are you running? what is your pulley combo for said boost levels?

3.5" upper and metco 6.55" lower pulley ring. I see 18psi on my gauge with 3500ft elevation where I live. Should be about 20psi at sea level.

2. injector size? i'm looking at the 60# ers but think it might be wise to go larger for future expandability?
I have 60lb injectors, but also have my base fuel pressure turned up a bit. See fuel system, I can move a lot of fuel even at higher pressures. Plus with the elevation I live at I lose 50-60hp over sea level cars so I need less injector.

Return with triple walbro external pumps and a sumped tank. I would never go back to a returnless setup, waste of money to upgrade all pumps, lines etc and not go return.

I run a JLT 110mm MAF with a MAFia. 12" filter on the end and a cut up CAI kit to make the middle portion of pipe.

5. hp/tq #'s if you don't mind posting them. i'm trying to get a feel for where i'd like the car to be at XX#'s of boost?
This is with the 3.5/6.55 setup and pump gas with torco. Should have pulled it a bit higher in the rpms, but oh well. Car has been nearly 134mph in 5200ft DA
34DynoRuns0002.jpg

6. did you shim the k-member or modify the hood/ go cowl hood to fit this blower?
I built k-member spacers for mine.

Last edited:

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member

3.5" upper and metco 6.55" lower pulley ring. I see 18psi on my gauge with 3500ft elevation where I live. Should be about 20psi at sea level.

I have 60lb injectors, but also have my base fuel pressure turned up a bit. See fuel system, I can move a lot of fuel even at higher pressures. Plus with the elevation I live at I lose 50-60hp over sea level cars so I need less injector.

Return with triple walbro external pumps and a sumped tank. I would never go back to a returnless setup, waste of money to upgrade all pumps, lines etc and not go return.

I run a JLT 110mm MAF with a MAFia. 12" filter on the end and a cut up CAI kit to make the middle portion of pipe.

This is with the 3.5/6.55 setup and pump gas with torco. Should have pulled it a bit higher in the rpms, but oh well. Car has been nearly 134mph in 5200ft DA
34DynoRuns0002.jpg

I built k-member spacers for mine.

thank you for the input. sic setp you have there. that is exactly where i'd like my car to be with this install. which clutch are you runnig to handle th hp/tq?

oh yeah and
11.6 @ 133.8mph in 5200ft DA on 275/40/17 M/T radials. 2.05 60' time.
holy jeebus 0_o

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
thank you for the input. sic setp you have there. that is exactly where i'd like my car to be with this install. which clutch are you runnig to handle th hp/tq?

oh yeah and holy jeebus 0_o

I run a Spec 3+ with Spec Aluminum flywheel. Fiore clutch and quadrant adjuster.

Its holding well still.

The ET is garbage on that run, but it was only my 2nd pass on the new setup and I lost my alternator the next pass. I was hosing the 275 MT on the 1-2 shift. Got some 28x10x16 Hoosier slicks to try for this year, if I can get a good 60' time she should put up an okay number. Then time for a stock lower and that 3.5" upper for about 22psi at my elevation.

Users who are viewing this thread