3.40 pulley

03 red vert

Hello everyone.

Who sells a 3.40 upper pulley (non-slip) that looks like the stock version for the 03 Cobra? Idler pulley and belt can be included... W/out the idler pulley, do I need a smaller belt for the 3.40 pulley?

Also, I plan on adding the K/N cold air intake... Is there anything else that I need to change by add these two modification as far as keeping the engine safe?

I do play on checking the air/fuel on the dyno....

Thanks

360R

Established Member
If you are going through the trouble of doing a pulley swap then why not just put a 2.93 or 2.8 on? Then you will really notice a difference in the car. Going with the 3.40 isnt that much of a change of what you have now. only good thing about that big of a pulley is you dont have to change your tune.

03 red vert

Right, this is a daily driver, so nothing extreme at this time....

One other concern, does the CAI and 3.40 pulley warrant the need for a catback to help expel the extra air or does the catback really not make that much of a difference w/ reducing any extra heat that these mods may cause?

Thanks

360R

Established Member
There are some guys running stock pips through out the car. I would say that it would always help, but if you dont want to make it anoying and loud and you dont care about the power than just keep the stock catback on there. Its only 3.40 so there wont be that much more air, even with the CAI.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
red03vert said:
Right, this is a daily driver, so nothing extreme at this time....

One other concern, does the CAI and 3.40 pulley warrant the need for a catback to help expel the extra air or does the catback really not make that much of a difference w/ reducing any extra heat that these mods may cause?

Thanks

A 3.40 would be a total waste of time and money. Just my opinion. You will lose no drivabilty by going with a 2.93 or a 2.8. And swapping belts is no big deal. You can get by without idlers on a 2.93 non-slip if you need to. I recommend Idlers, but if they are not in your budget, you can survive without them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread