3.73 gears!!

mostwanted

Established Member
is it a pain in azz to install them? cuz i just got done installing my BBK longtubes and shorty x pipe and WOW it took me 2 full days. im just hoping the gears wont be as much trouble.:sleeping:

03Honda_Hunter

Established Member
I've not personally done it, but I've heard it's not bad. The hardest part is setting the shims in to get the backlash correct so the gears don't howl from what I've been told.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
honestly just get a shop to install it in for you so you don't have any noise problems

+1 Save yourself the time and heartache. If you dont do it just right they wont last long and you'll have to have a shop fix it for ya. Or have someone that has done it several times do it for cheap.

Stang Lover

Established Member
+1 ^ take his advice. Not worth IMO if you never done it before and don't have the tools especially if you mess it up or break something.

Oh btw, your gonna love those gears. :beer:

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
+1 to everyones opinons up there don't waste your time....go pay a shop to do it they normally aren't too outragous on gear install prices....

tcstang17

Established Member
my shop only charged 200 bucks to put a whole rearend together (31 spline axles, eaton carrier, and 3.73 gears) for the track its pretty cheap and its a hell of a lot of bang for your buck

my buddy tried installing them himself and two weeks later a shop removed almost two pounds of shavings because he didnt do it right

Red__03GT

Established Member
^^ I'd agree on bringing it to a shop.. I recently had my 4.10s done by a buddy of mine for 150 but i called a few places and ford wanted 700 wtf?? haha

Lad30nyc

Established Member
I just got mine installed for 250. Its not bad if you know what you are doing but if not your going to run into problems like gear whine

Lad30nyc

Established Member
they are also going to really open up the car your going to feel a complete difference in the car, night and day!

milhous

Established Member
my shop only charged 200 bucks to put a whole rearend together (31 spline axles, eaton carrier, and 3.73 gears) for the track its pretty cheap and its a hell of a lot of bang for your buck

my buddy tried installing them himself and two weeks later a shop removed almost two pounds of shavings because he didnt do it right

What shop did it for this price?? I also live in Iowa and need some place to install some gears and new bearings and seals.........

Users who are viewing this thread