3.90 gears

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
I want to install 3.90's. FMS does not make them. Motive's I hear are noisey. Pro-5.0 has some new one's. 4.10's are a little much for me. I have them in my 01. 3.73's not enough different. All suggestions and help appreciated.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I know that the FRPP gears are widely accepted as the best gears to get for these cars, but any good gear set that is setup properly is going to run quiet, and give you a long life. The only noisy gears are the ones that weren't setup properly in the first place.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
One bad set of Motive 3.90's here. Hit or miss with them.
Keep the stock gears, add boost.

95svt

Established Member
Ricks2003Cobra said:
I want to install 3.90's. FMS does not make them. Motive's I hear are noisey. Pro-5.0 has some new one's. 4.10's are a little much for me. I have them in my 01. 3.73's not enough different. All suggestions and help appreciated.

I have installed about two dozen sets of motives and no noise out of any of them. My girlfriends car has had them for over 30,000 miles and no problems. I spoke with one of there reps. a year ago about the problem and he told me that if you stay on the bottom side of the lash no noise but, to the high side and you might get a noise. So, I did that at my shop and no problems. I'm making 673 rwhp in my 03 cobra with motive 3:90's no noise or issues.
I hope this helps.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
95svt said:
...<snip> if you stay on the bottom side of the lash no noise but, to the high side and you might get a noise.
Although not on this car, but that is exactly my experience with them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread