3" Exhaust clearance question

haVesoV777

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone here has knowledge/experience on a 5.0 with full 3 inch cat back being lowered? Currently my suspension is stock but I'm looking at lowering it from 1-1.5" and i don't want the over axle pipe hitting the axle/diff (theres a small triangle tab looking thing between the axle and the diff). Any insight would be great help guys! Thanks!

haVesoV777

Established Member
593f436f-553f-4a4a-b482-894db4767e6a_zps426130f7.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
Been there, done that. Won't work
People claim you can make it work, I could not.
I had the magnaflow comp catback (2013 version) and it did NOT fit, no matter how much i tried.

Torchy

Established Member
In my case clearance had zero to do with the rear end. It's the pan hard brace that is in the way.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I'm lowered on the Dub/Eibach springs, have the 3" lethal o/r x pipe and heartthrob 3" cat to axle back kit and have no issues that I've noticed.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Yeah I have magnaflow competition cat-back which is 3 inch piping Ive tried everything and I finally gave up. I called Magnaflow they were zero help, I cut an inch off the over axle pipes that helped a little but then the tips were sunken in to far n still hits the PHB bracer bar. Only thing I could that would help would be to weld a 2inch long pipe right were the pipe starts to bend up. But I said forget that bought Borla S type ab and will be purchasing lethals over axle pipes.

Jedisalami

Established Member
Been there, done that. Won't work
People claim you can make it work, I could not.
I had the magnaflow comp catback (2013 version) and it did NOT fit, no matter how much i tried.

mine fit absolutely perfect and I was lowered on h and r supersports.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I also have the MBRP v2 race catback and offroad x. All 3in. Fits great, no knocking around, and I'm lowered on H&R race. I do drag the pipes occasionally in the center because I'm too lazy to readjust. Easy enough.

JpL4K3

Established Member
I am lowered on coilovers and my Magnaflow street 3" over axel pipes bang into the rear end over a big enough bump in the road.

It doesn't bother be too much.

CSG

Established Member
Not sure.
When I put my Magnaflow on it hit. I then re-did it on the lift at TSS with some help from two other guys to help hold everything and all was fine. I just re-did it by myself and it is hitting a bit.

trevnut

Established Member
I have magnaflow street series 3" OTA pipes and lowered with frpp "K" springs. It took some adjusting to get them right, but they don't hit anywhere.

OMG_5.0

Established Member
I have magnaflow street series 3" OTA pipes and lowered with frpp "K" springs. It took some adjusting to get them right, but they don't hit anywhere.

This is what I like to hear although in gonna be installing Sportlines

kona12

Established Member
I believe lethal made some new improve pipes fixing the lowered car clearance issue

Users who are viewing this thread