3" exhaust

alghanim

Established Member
Hi every one,
im looking for 3" cat back exhaust to complete my setup
its 2007 with ARH and O/R H pipe ,JDM cams..looking for something similar to 2013 sound.
the only 3" system i found is JBA-402640
is there any other option
thanks in advance ..

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hi every one,
im looking for 3" cat back exhaust to complete my setup
its 2007 with ARH and O/R H pipe ,JDM cams..looking for something similar to 2013 sound.
the only 3" system i found is JBA-402640
is there any other option
thanks in advance ..

I like this kit................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2010-J...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e97699d4

and the Very Cool tips..............

0023-3.jpg

If you buy the regular JBA kit, the tips are the generic "JBA", only the exhaust sold through Shelby Performance Parts is unique with "SHELBY by JBA" on it.

I have the full Shelby/JBA 3" from front to back, I like it.

Below is the 2.5" to 3" Shelby by JBA.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2010-J...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e7d667f9

I believe that Shelby has now gone with Borla and these "Shelby by JBA" exhaust pieces are the last of their kind, Very unique, Very Cool!!

R

Last edited:

alghanim

Established Member
Great information from everyone,
Roper M,, thanks I will go with the JBA/Shelby
hop will sound good with JDM cams..

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Sound clip?

Sorry AJ, I wouldn't even know how to capture a sound clip.

I have heard some other peoples exhaust sound clips in the past, and then heard either their car in person, or other cars with "like" exhaust and it seems that many times the sound clip is somewhat like the live sound, but many times not what I was expecting after hearing the sound clip on a PC or laptop.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Any drone?

When I first put the full 3" on, there seemed to be a drone at approx. 2000rpm's, but it seemed like after the system fully heated up and cooled down a few times that the sound changed (for the better) and I do not notice the drone that was present when the system was newly installed. <<This is why I think sound clips of a freshly installed exhaust system are usually not accurate, it seems that once a newly installed system "seasons" for lack of a better description, the sound can change and what it sounded like freshly installed may not be what it sounds like a few miles down the road after full heat and cool cycles.

^^^This being said, mine is the full 3" manifold back JBA with the JBA hi-flow cats and FRPP ceramic shorty headers, the sound of this same 3" catback with long tubes or even cast manifolds up front may be completely different.

My car also seemed to have a little more raspyness to the exhaust than I was accustom to when it was newly installed, but that also changed tone once the system heat cycled a few times.

R

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Robert knows what he is talking about.

That being said...I would not put JBA on anything. For very positive post I have read about their products I have read 10 that are horrible.

They are positive regarding the sound but the fitment is horrible.

Maybe these are different.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert knows what he is talking about.

That being said...I would not put JBA on anything. For very positive post I have read about their products I have read 10 that are horrible.

They are positive regarding the sound but the fitment is horrible.

Maybe these are different.

I did have fitment issues with my JBA 3" mid-pipe install, in fact I contacted JBA (then owned by Pertronix) and they sent me a replacement 3" mid free of charge. The issue with my original JBA 3" X-pipe was that it was jigged and welded so that one side outlet was slightly lower than the other and by the time you got to the catback, the lower side was about 1" lower than the other and did not tuck up under the car nicely. I had no issue with the fitment of the catback once I finally got everything ahead of the catback to fit right.

I have not heard of anyone having fitment issues with the JBA catback only, but adding a 3" around the axle and panhard area does require some careful fitting and adjusting to insure no rattles. 3" is some big pipe to fit around this area, especially mandrel bent as these 3" JBA pieces are............

IMO, if the system is not mandrel bent and instead goes to smaller sizes in the bend areas it seems to defeat the purpose if the exhaust does not flow its full diameter through the entire system?

R

Last edited:

mtchstng65

Established Member
I also have the JBA 3" and really like the look/sound but it was a bit of a bear to install but overall worth it. I ended up having to go to an exhaust shop to get it to fit the way I wanted. The tips are the best IMO.

I had the magnaflow 3" and it had the worst drone, and was really loud in the car. After the first road trip they had to go.

Get the JBA/Shelby.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread