3 kills and what should have been a kill

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
This is a copy/paste from my forum, so forget the names:

Well guys, I got beat by a Honda. A stock Honda.

NOW before you start harassing me, I should say I got beat by the situation, and not the car/driver.

I decided to take a midnight drive tonight. Dunno why, just did.

Well I came up to a redlight at 4th and Main, by the Metra. Matt and Ryan will know where this is, maybe Casey. For those that don't, 4th is a 3 lane and Main is a 3 lane. The 2 left lanes can turn to go left onto Main, while the third, far right lane can either go straight into the Metra parking lot or right onto Main. Its a T basically, if you ignore the Metra. I hope I'm making sense here.

Anyways, I pull up next to a 04ish Accord. Not sure on the year, had this style rear end:

Accord2d02.gif

Anyways, turns out I know a girl in the passenger seat, and her boyfriend is driving. She gets my attention and we talk for about 2 seconds before her boyfriend asks, respectfully mind you, whether it's a 6 or an 8. The light turns green at this point, and I can hear his girlfriend say it's an 8.

Well we get going hard and right as I'm getting close to the median (I'm in the inside lane, btw) I hit 40 and shift. Due to me turning at the same time, the car loses traction, the ass end kicks out for a half second, straightens up, and I'm down to about 35 in second. My car hates 35 in second. Well we keep going uphill with a slight right curve, him in the inside now. He's about a 2 cars up, and by the time he lets off, we're at 80 and I'm maybe a fender back.

Technically a kill, but had it been a straight race, I'd a won. Oh well, a loss is a loss.

For the first kill, I was approaching a Grand Prix, maybe 00. I looked at the side to make sure it wasn't a GTP, and thankfully it was just a GT. There was a cute girl driving, and as I was eyeing her, she hits it!

WTF?! Not what I was expecting. I put it in second at 35 (again, it hates this situation) and after she gets a car out, I walk her hard and let off with 2 lengths. Race went from 35 to 70.

Third and final kill, I'm making my way home, going down a hill. I passed a newer half ton Chevy pickup (not newest though) with 2 guys in it, but didn't pay much mind to them. I switch into their lane as they switch into mine and as I slow for a big bump in the road, the get along side me and pace me. I drop to 2nd (guess what the speed was...) and the driver hits it. He gets a half truck out and I hit it, and pull 2 lengths to 80. I brake and he keeps going, so I keep going and we don't pull each other after he has that HUGE run on me.

We stop at a stoplight, me on his right side, and they roll down the window.

"That thing a 6 or an 8?" Why do you people always ask me this? Does it sound like a 6? No.

"It's an 8. Is that a 5.3?"

"Yeah. What happened? That was pathetic?" that got under my skin a little.

"Which part? The part where I pulled you, or the part where I stopped your pull after the huge run you got on me?"

"The second part. I was kicking your ass!"

"I braked." is all I replied.

"No you didn't." the driver said

"We saw the lights." his passenger interjected. Thanks for being honest!

"Well let's go again. I'm not to good from a stop."

I agree and we take a left at the light (another 2 turn lane) and he flies through the lights. I run one orange to catch up to him and as I get next to him, I'm in ****ing second gear at 35! Well he takes off, and I let him get a half truck out before getting into it and pulling 5 lenghts to 100. He pulls the ricer flyby, and despite his arrogant attitude, I give him the thumbs up as I pass him when he pulls into the bar.

I need a ****ing faster car, guys.

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
Your times seem right and you seem to know that you dont have the fastest car in the world... good stories and kills:shrug:

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
gotta love those npi cars man, before I had work done to mine, I would get tore up by some cars that should never beat a mustang. Ford really dropped the ball on them

16kOrBust

Established Member
Woah, 15.8 @ 88! That would be a sick race for my 88 Firebird Formula (305 TBI). I ran a best of 15.79 @ 87!!!

EDIT: I was just thinking how fun this thread would have been if you had posted it in Smackdown instead. Lost to a stock 04ish Accord, beat a GTP (which clearly should not have happened), and then had an interesting encounter (ie "race") with a half ton Chevy pickup. I'll leave it at that since this is not smackdown. :D

EDIT x2: Hahaha, you live in Montana. You probably own the fastest car in the state!!! :D :D :D

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Haha, it's a battle of the titans we have going on! I'm telling you, line em up with my 88 Formula and we'd get some great racing vids!!! It's like I always say, the slower the cars........the longer the race lasts!!! :D

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
BTW it wan't a GTP, it was a GT.

aaaaaand do you know what the elevation is in Billings, MT? It's a pretty large factor.

Kyle and I are gonna drag our cars just to see how badly I'm gonna kick the shit outta him.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
BTW it wan't a GTP, it was a GT.

aaaaaand do you know what the elevation is in Billings, MT? It's a pretty large factor.

Kyle and I are gonna drag our cars just to see how badly I'm gonna kick the shit outta him.

Haha, I'm just messin around. I know both of those cars would kick my Formula's ass! :banana: There's really not much that wouldn't, haha.

And D'OH!!!! Just misread that GTP thing. My brother's 00 Grand Prix GT (2-door) ran a 15.5 @ 88, I believe. Just to throw that out there. Even that car beat my Formula!

Users who are viewing this thread