3 link or TA

gpsmatt

Established Member
Ive decided to take every ones advice and stick with what i have (solid axle).

Ive got a evm tri link and a griggs ta laying around trying to decide which one to use.

What are so pros cons and characteristics of both setups?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I see that you have a griggs pan hardbar. These suspension components work best when you use the same brand. Go with the T/A and never look back.

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
Doesn't a torque arm convert the rear to a 3 link set-up, or are you asking which one to use?

I'd go Griggs. They're one of the best for a reason.

gpsmatt

Established Member
its just the grigs standard duty ta my car is getting a new motor soon thats gunna be more than double what I have now and not only is it gunna see a lot of road race stuff also gunna take it to the track and launch it on slicks and skinnies. Ive never really been in a car with a evm tri link just looking to see what the pros are of both.

MFE

Established Member
The 3-link is lighter, and packaged better in terms of exhaust and driveshaft service. It may be noisier over time as the bearings loosen up. It also may or may not require a more "involved" installation depending on what else you're doing at the time...if you're doing interior work or torque box reinforcement at the same time, it's a wash.

snake_handler

Established Member
I don't mean to take this thread off subject but what is a "evm tri link "?

I will be doing some mods soon to my ride for track use but so far all the research I have seen none of the competition cars in NASA and SCCA have been running torque arms? I am leaning towards a watts linkage because of this. I don't plan on racing my ride just track days but I figure if it works for the comp guys then it will work for me?

Users who are viewing this thread