3" Mac Or 3" FRPP Catback??

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Ok I am getting rid of my magnaflow catback and I have narrowed my options down to two systems. I want a 3" system as well. If you guys had the choice, would you take the ford racing catback found here frpp catback or the mac catack? Anybody ever heard the frpp system in person? Thanks for any input you can provide me. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
You mentioned in an earlier thread that the Magaflow CB was too quiet for your tastes. In that regard, the FRPP will not help your cause. Personally, I like the deep resonance of the Mac.

EH819

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
You mentioned in an earlier thread that the Magaflow CB was too quiet for your tastes. In that regard, the FRPP will not help your cause. Personally, I like the deep resonance of the Mac.

I heard that the 3" FRPP exhaust was pretty loud and the FRPP FR500 exhaust was fairly quiet. I may be mistaken, though.

03DOHC

Established Member
Go with the Mac cat back. Get an H-PIPE! It will give you a sound different than what you have now. Good luck with your choice.

Fast2000L

Ford Driver
Established Member
Bryan,

I put the 3" FRPP cat-back on 2 weeks ago. Looks stock. If you like loud... You'll Love this cat-back. Very nice kit, easy to install, and all T-304 stainless steel. I was a little disappointed that it is not a true 3" cat back. Only the tail pipes are 3". I will be changing the mufflers (to Borla XS) once I take off my stock H-pipe. I'll be going with an offroad X-pipe. The cats seem to be a bit restrictive. I did pick up power w/ just the cat-back. (about 20rwhp).

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by EH819
I heard that the 3" FRPP exhaust was pretty loud and the FRPP FR500 exhaust was fairly quiet. I may be mistaken, though.

I bungled the two. You are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread