30,000 mile service, what is done?

Black03WPB

Established Member
Hey Guys, Im ordering everything for my 30,000 mile service, but Im not sure what else I should do?

Im replacing my motor oil, tranny oil, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter.. but else is necessary? Id rather not take it into Ford, as they overcharge and use inferior parts, imo, so I might as well just do it at home.

-Ryan

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I just had mine done, spark plugs are not part of it. I have changed mine twice already though. Anyway the only things I think you are missing are the rear end fluid and drain, flush and refill the radiator.

Black03WPB

Established Member
ah thats right.

I'll get my fuel filter done at the dealership.

I changed my sparkplugs @ 15,000 miles with NGK Tr6s, I believe Im switching to brisk plugs.

Thanks Guys.

I'll just go to my local dealership and ask them to flush and fill the radiator, and flush and fill my rear end fluid

ModsAway

Established Member
Originally posted by Black03WPB

I'll get my fuel filter done at the dealership.

[/B]

:lol: Good choice, boy is that thing a pain in the ass.

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Air filter change?!? You mean to tell us you are running the paper filter?? :burn: Get youself at least a k&n drop in!

maddrabitt

Established Member
mines in for the 30000 and theyre doing the injector cleaning and flush the power steering fluid on top of what else is already mentioned

Black03WPB

Established Member
Originally posted by redsvtcobra
Air filter change?!? You mean to tell us you are running the paper filter?? :burn: Get youself at least a k&n drop in!

I replaced the K&N on the end of my densecharger.

NCStanger

Established Member
I've heard the injector cleaning is really just a waste of money. My tranny fluid was BLACK at 35K miles when they did my TSB on TOB/clutch problem. Guy was telling me dude, you need to change this more often cause it runs really hot and breaks down much faster than most cars. Ooops! I drained my radiator the other day myself and refilled through burp plug and radiator itself. My diff got changed with new rear end at 29K miles. Have only had rear brake job done and that's it for my car so far and I'm at 36K. Don't think I need a power steering service really, but I was wrong about the tranny fluid until 40K.

Black03WPB

Established Member
Ive already replaced my brake pads.. front and rear.. about 10,000 miles ago.. I'll check and make sure everything is alright with those.

I'm replacing the spark plugs.

Im replacing the motor oil, tranny fluid and oil filter on my own. After that I'll ask the dealership to replace my fuel filter, flush my differential fluid and my intercooler fluid.

Im going to put a new HE on my car.. should I wait to change the radiator fluid until then?

-Ryan

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
Trade it in and get a Roush 360R your car is done with!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread