30 days till i ship! (ARMY)

03cobraracer

Established Member
well boys its getting close, i have 30 days till i ship out exactly. i go to Ft dix/hotel on the 6th of Feb and ship out the 7th. im pumped as hell and ready to go. been training as hard as i can, and learning my soldiers creed and everything else. now im just finishing setting up my finances and everything as well.

cant wait till the end of BCT to call myself a soldier. i appreciate all the advice ive gotten on here and will listen to anymore others have to give. i will still be posting on here till the morning i leave for MEPS. then you probably wont here from me again until the end of my training most likely. im doing OSUT at Ft Leonard Wood

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
congrats! enjoy the time that you have left as a "civilian" while you can... the army is no joke; j/k! be sure to keep us posted on your progress from your transformation from a "regular joe" into a "soldier"... take the best of care!

03cobraracer

Established Member
congrats! enjoy the time that you have left as a "civilian" while you can... the army is no joke; j/k! be sure to keep us posted on your progress from your transformation from a "regular joe" into a "soldier"... take the best of care!

haha thanks man. if i get the chance to post up while im in ait i will do so. depends if im allowed to touch my phone or not ha. im enjoying my last month at home as much as possible but im ready to go. i worked very hard to get to this point, lost 50lbs to get this far.

blackfang

Established Member
Good Luck. It will be a quick 19 weeks trust me. I would always remember going to pick up the turds at the 43rd and next thing you know it is graduation day.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Good Luck. It will be a quick 19 weeks trust me. I would always remember going to pick up the turds at the 43rd and next thing you know it is graduation day.

haha yeah im sure i will be called a turd plenty of times lol, i hope it flys by but at the same time i wanna experience every minute of it.

If you want some real training, try and wander over to the engineers AIT. :-D

haha damn low blow already and i didnt even leave yet! lol

whistler19

All the way!
Established Member
You cant spell WIMP without an MP. Nah just jokin' . I'm sure you will hear that cadence many times. Good luck to you! Def, square away your finances before you go. Did you get station of choice for first assignment?

whistler19

All the way!
Established Member
hahaha, I know. Back in my day, we were lucky to see the payphone once a week. Smoking, psshhhh, forget about it!

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
hahaha, I know. Back in my day, we were lucky to see the payphone once a week. Smoking, psshhhh, forget about it!

lol, mine was a payphone when I got there and that was it for 3 months. But USMC here...

whistler19

All the way!
Established Member
damn, we got to use payphone on Sundays. When I originally joined up I looked at marine corps first and damn sure wouldve done it until they told me I couldnt get housing until I was spec 4. I was already married so I needed housing.

03cobraracer

Established Member
You cant spell WIMP without an MP. Nah just jokin' . I'm sure you will hear that cadence many times. Good luck to you! Def, square away your finances before you go. Did you get station of choice for first assignment?

no i didnt get any choice like that. probably will just fill out my dreamsheet and hope for the best ha.

If you use tobacco, better stop before you go!

Best of luck!

nope i dont smoke or drink or anything, so im good to go there, no bad habits to quit lol thanks!

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I cannot thank you guys enough for your service to keep our freedoms we take for granted every day,
Thank you
Rob

whistler19

All the way!
Established Member
Bein an MP you can just about go anywhere. Especially as a PVT. Germany is a blast if you havent considered it. There is so much to do and see there . I did 7 years there. As an Artilleryman that is alot of time in one place.
No matter where you go be prepared to deploy. MP's play a pretty vital role in combat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread