300 shot Z28 vs TT 5.0

WSsick

Established Member
Z28 - 402ci making north of 550 on motor, spraying a little more than a 300 shot, backed by a 4L60e.

5.0 - Built motor (stock block), TT (can't remember the size, 60-somethings I think), BOSS manifold, E85, 14psi on the first two run, turned up a notch for the last run, powerglide.

Both cars have gone 9.1 before adding power, 1 of them has touched the 8 sec mark out of town from what I hear.

[video=youtube;1YTDihLzctc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTDihLzctc[/video]

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That camaro did ol' boy nasty.... Prison style!

Great runs.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol asleep at the light, first and third race is enough evidence that the mustang driver should sell his shit. :nonono:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Initially I wasn't surprised at the outcome...but I'm a little surprised that they've each historically run 9.1s, yet the bro got handled

WSsick

Established Member
Camaro has done TONS of testing on the street. Multiple sets of tires and a lot of bottles later, and it flat out works. Here it is just a couple months ago on less nitrous vs a completely untested turbo Camaro (that happened to just work pretty well, it's been 9.5 @ 145). You can tell he's worked to dial it in.

[video=youtube;gSeBTqx9a2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSeBTqx9a2o[/video]

Troponin

Established Member
Mustang needs a suspension and a transbrake to get that bitch spooled up at the line
Yeah, that was really weak off the line. The Z28 was def dialed in perfectly for the road. The Mustang just needs some adjustments etc. Turbo yotes commonly pull 8s in the quarter and built ones have been in the 7s

96dreamer

Established Member
Ahh good ole' trugreen, haven't been down there in years. Didn't think that was still a spot. Camaro runs hella hard.

Users who are viewing this thread