302 with boost or 351 with boost?

kansasCityGt

Established Member
I have a low mile 302 in my garage in pieces. I know the blocks are only good for about 500. I'm starting to wonder if I should sell it and pick up a 351. The whole build will be a T70, pump gas possible meth kit. On Turbostangs guys are running low 500rwhp on stock 302s. If I stay with a 302 I'll just upper and lower intake and some rockers. new tranny and clutch and fuel system. But what I'm worried about is being near the breaking point of the 302. I know the 351s can handle more, but is it really worth me changing everything? What's your opinions?

-Gianni-

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
I'd say stay with the 302 since you already have it. Is it a complete motor? If so, and you don't plan on forging the internals, I'd suggest adding a main girdle for extra support and piece of mind. The 351 is obviously capable of more (there's no replacement for displacement) but it also depends on what your going to use the car for.

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
By the way, that's a gorgeous SN95 in your sig. You have any more pics of the car? Also, what color is that? Looks like it might be Sonic Blue.

Users who are viewing this thread