306 build?

Novice

Established Member
I recently cracked my block by making a very poor disscussion. Not by power but by retardness...stupid screw : (. I have 9:1 306 with nice internals but with a stock crank. The guy I got it from said I shouldn't under estimate a 306. It's not my dream build but I will rock it. I just bought a 65mm Garret turbo with all the piping and all other crap involved to make it run. This might be out of my league but I will push this block to it's limit. I'll be out of the game for a week toying with this sorry build.
As for now I will install 306 with these mild bolt on's.
I forgot to put hood pins in and hood poped up on me while driving : ( yo can see the damage in the pic.
b30724d4.jpg

My ride:
24lb injectors
190 fuel pump
msd everything (6al2 box)
fully ported Gt-40 heads
holley system max manifold
70mm TB
76mm c&l mass with 24 calibration
a/c delete
no smog pump
b-cam
black majic fans with fluidyne radator
I also have these junk parts parts below.
(or I can go trickflow stage 2)(fully ported explorer upper& lower) (legit 93
cobra upper&lower)

How many horses do you think I'll see just all motor with mild bolt ons? ( no power adder).

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
I built a 306 and it was a great build, but I left a lot on the table but not stroking it. A stroked stock 302 block with a turbo will run on borrowed time with the right h/c/i unless you drive it like your 70 years old.

Midnight306

I would love to know how this build goes for you as I'm currently building a turbo 306 myself. Debating between the 65mm and the 70mm but all in all I would really like to know how this goes for you!
-Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread