315/35 17

wudy

Established Member
so if you get 275/40/17s in the front, is it normal to have 315/35/17 in the rear? I'm just a tad confussed....I understand what the middle number means, but i'm having a tough time finding that 275/35/17 for the front to match with 315/35/17. Sorry if i'm confusing you guys, but i'm looking to buy some goodyear gs-43s and having trouble finding that spec in those tires? Do they not make it?

Yes, its completely normal to run 275/40/17 up front and 315/35/17 in back. Both sizes are the same diameter. If you found a 275/35/17, your speedo would be off. It would be reading quicker then what you are actually going. Plus adding miles to your car that you hav'nt traveled.

Try this site if you want to mess with sizes.

Tire size calculator

chrisroy

Established Member
bump. have sumitomo 315/35's right now and want to switch tires to another 315. i have had the goodyear eagle f1s and leaning toward going back to them because they are so wide and look badass! but what are some other 315s thats are just as wide? and streetable if i hit rain

bomrrman84

Established Member
315/35/17 BFG G-Force KD

Best tires I've ever had, great traction, lasted long, and looked sick as hell.

cobrafed02vc1.jpg

cobrafed04ns9.jpg

are you running spacers on this combo? if so what size? im in the market for a new set of tires very soon. i imagine those are 10.5 cobra replica wheels, correct? also, how low is the drop on your car? got a coupe i was thinking of putting H&R race springs on.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Yes, its completely normal to run 275/40/17 up front and 315/35/17 in back. Both sizes are the same diameter. If you found a 275/35/17, your speedo would be off. It would be reading quicker then what you are actually going. Plus adding miles to your car that you hav'nt traveled.

Try this site if you want to mess with sizes.

Tire size calculator

I'm sorry, but that makes ZERO sense. ZERO. If he were to ever find a "275/35/17" to throw up front, and still had the "stock" diameter in the rear, even though it'd be a '315 width', his speedo would not be thrown off. Think about it long and hard there, Chief. The front tires would just be spinning at a faster rate than the rear tires, due to the difference in diameter, that is all. These are 2wd cars, and as long as the rear tires are still "stock diameter", then the speedo and computer will read everything fine. :bash:

As far as Green's questions goes, yes those would be the correct sizes:
275/40-17 for the front and 315/35-17 for the rears. Exact same diameter overall both front and rear.

Here: the sidewall would measure 40% of the width of the tire which is 275mm for the fronts, the rear sidewall would be 35% of the 315mm width.

Users who are viewing this thread