315/35/20 NT05R, will it fit?

supraman1990

Established Member
Well, My Shelby is still on the hauler on the way to me from the dealer in CA but I'm already looking in to tires. I've seen several options tossed around but I've never seen the NT05R 315/35/20 listed as a possibility. Will it fit? And if not would I be better off going to a 305/35 in the MT ET Street 2?

A.M.R

Established Member
It fits... And for the strip, I like it a lot better than the MTs, they grip much better imho

supraman1990

Established Member
It fits... And for the strip, I like it a lot better than the MTs, they grip much better imho
Interesting that they are better than an MT on the strip. Can you speak to how they do on the street and what power level you are at when saying that? They are basically the same price and will probably last about the same length of time so if they grip better I'm for sure going Nitto

A.M.R

Established Member
Interesting that they are better than an MT on the strip. Can you speak to how they do on the street and what power level you are at when saying that? They are basically the same price and will probably last about the same length of time so if they grip better I'm for sure going Nitto

I'm not making much power, my current mods are just Tune and 3.73s. When I had 3.31s, I sometimes had problems gripping with the MTs. With the Nittos, I have better traction WITH 3.73s.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MTs. I think they're better as an all around tire, for both street and strip, but for just the strip, I think the Nittos are better. (Just my opinion...)

A.M.R

Established Member
They grip great on the street. But I hear the MTs last a lot longer than the NT05Rs. So I guess for a daily driven car, the MTs are a better choice.

Maybe a few people could chime in and share some thoughts on this...

supraman1990

Established Member
I'm not worried about duration from a daily driver standpoint. The car for sure isn't going to be a DD. Weekend toy with the occasional drive to work to make life less boring will be it's responsibility. As long as it lasts 5-10K I would be happy with that, because that will probably be a year or more.

Breitling

Established Member
Does anyone have any pictures of the Nitto 315/35/20 NT05R on the SVT performance pack wheel? I am curious to see how it looks and if there is noticable bulge. Thanks.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Well, My Shelby is still on the hauler on the way to me from the dealer in CA but I'm already looking in to tires. I've seen several options tossed around but I've never seen the NT05R 315/35/20 listed as a possibility. Will it fit? And if not would I be better off going to a 305/35 in the MT ET Street 2?

They do fit, just be careful in the rain.

Manuel

paluka21

Established Member
Does anyone have any pictures of the Nitto 315/35/20 NT05R on the SVT performance pack wheel? I am curious to see how it looks and if there is noticable bulge. Thanks.

Curious as well. Since Nitto tires historically run on the narrow side, I'm thinking the bulging side walls would be present, but minimal, even when using a 315 tire on a 9.5" rim. I will say that I had a Nitto 305 drag radial on my old cobra, and they didn't appear to be any wider than a 285 tire I had run on previous rims.

paluka21

Established Member
I would say it was necessary as we did have to center the rear end

The tires look very good on the stock wheels. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of sidewall bulge. Very cool!

BTW, I'm wondering what the limit would be in rear tire width which *wouldn't* require a PHB? I'm thinking 305 since I see a lot of guys running these.

Breitling

Established Member
The tires look very good on the stock wheels. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of sidewall bulge. Very cool!

BTW, I'm wondering what the limit would be in rear tire width which *wouldn't* require a PHB? I'm thinking 305 since I see a lot of guys running these.

So the Nitto 315's do require a panhard bar? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread