315 MT DR's What spacers for 10.5 rims do i need?

AllAccessLock

Ur Licensed SVT Locksmith
Established Member
I don't want to order them if i have to put on different studs, but i read somewhere that a somebody only had to run a 1/4 spacer and he was okay?

I'm lowered 1 1/2 "

and also do they hook? Or are BFG's better for hooking?
If not i guess i'm looking at dot slicks, I'm too tired of spinning.
QUICK INPUT! I want to order these babies tomorrow!

Thanks

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I have 315 Hoosiers & a 1/4 inch spacer with the MM IRS bolt. The MT's are much better than BFG's.

RD SNAKE

Established Member
im running 1/2 mm spacer, 3" studs, mm low profile irs bolt, H&R race springs

Picture212.jpg

Picture205.jpg

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
AllAccessLock said:
...lethal said I only needed the low profile bolt and no spacers.
It will certainly be interesting to see if they fit with no spacers. I don't know how wide the MTs are. If they are as wide as BFG 315s, it's going to be close! :uh oh: Have you read THIS post?

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
how big are teh low profile irs bolts? it doesn't say. 12mm are the stock bolts. i hope the low profile ones are 14mm. am i correct? thanks

astippich

Established Member
AllAccessLock said:
ordered the tires yesterday. lethal said I only needed the low profile bolt and no spacers. i'll take pictures when I get them mounted. fingers crossed...
I will be surprised if this works for ya. I run a 3/8 spacer w/mm low profile bolt and its pretty close. These tires flat out hook at my power level 500/500.

AllAccessLock

Established Member
they seemed pretty confident when they told me they'd fit. but like I said i'll get pictures and email them to someone so they can be posted. worst case scenario I have to order spacers I guess

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
svtcobrar2004 said:
how big are teh low profile irs bolts? ...i hope the low profile ones are 14mm.
The low profile replacement bolts are 12mm...BUT, they're supposed to be 12mm. These bolts thread into captured nuts on the back side of the IRS. If you tried to fit a 14mm bolt in, they wouldn't fit.

This can be a little confusing. If you look at the picture below, the bolts that can rub the tire sidewalls are the ones in the red circles...

green.jpg

The bolts in the green circles are the ones that come from the factory with 12mm bolts that can be upgraded to 14mm.

AllAccessLock

Established Member
I got them yesterday but won't get them mounted until monday.
first impression is they are supersoft. you can sink your entire fingernail into them.
also I thought the low profile bolt was just one with the head machined down. wrong. it is a rounded head bolt with a allen wrench slot in the middle. so if you did rub the sidewall on it, it wouldn't really hurt. i'll post clearence pictures when I get it all together

Users who are viewing this thread