315 Nitto's on stock wheels?

S04T

Established Member
Hey guys need some advice from all of you that have 315's on their cars. I really like the look of the stock wheel on the car, but I'm not sure if 315's will work. I know I can squeeze 'em on but the car is lowered with an Eibach Pro-Line kit with the bottom ISO's only. For all of you that have 315's, will this fit or am I going to have some fender/IRS bolt rubbing issues? Thanks for the advice! :beer:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
If you want to run 315's I would get the 10.5 wheels if you can. As far as the Nittos it depends on which ones you run. Most Nitto 315's run smaller than other brands but I still wouldn't run them on a 9 inch wheel for safety. I know others do it all the time but it is not recommended. I am not sure about the Eibach Pro-line's but as far as rolling your fenders you shouldn't have to with the 17's. I would get the Maximum Motorsports IRS button head bolts. Heres the link.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...sports-low-profile-irs-subframe-bolts-2-p-130

monX

Established Member
Yes, you can run 315 nittos on stock 9" wheel without a problem, that's what I've been running for quite some time along with many others. Although 10.5 does look alot better.

S04T

Established Member
Thanks guys I appreciate the advice, I will look into the IRS bolts. I have heard thats the way to go if you are running a bigger tire out back. Off to order some tires!! :rockon:

Teej281

Established Member
You are an idiot if you put 315's on a 9" wheel. Thats an inch and a half outside the parameters set by the tire manufacturer for the approved widths of wheels. I mean seriously, youre already putting a drag radial, well kind of, on a car, let alone having all that bulge. That is not safe at all and you are putting yourself and others in danger every time you drive your car with that size tire on a 9 inch wheel. There usually is a line to calling people names on the internet, but this is a really retarded decision.

Plus it looks horrible. 285 width max on a 9" wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread