315 Sumitomo's or 315 Nitto DR's for daily driver?

deauxt

Established Member
I have a blown 98 Cobra making 400rwhp, and I'm getting 10.5" rear rims. Would the Sumi's or the Nitto DR's be better for my daily driver? I like the cost of the Sumi's, and they seem like a decent tire and eventually after this set of tires (whatever I get), I want the Goodyear F1 GS-D3's. What do y'all think?

69Mach1351w

Established Member
Umm, well i have the Sumi's and well, i regret it. they are pretty shitty. I put down 434 454 and if i short shift it now in second, wheel hop due to no traction. I would deff. pay a little more and get the Nitto 555r's just a much better dry traction tire. But, the sumi's are a lot better in the rain (you'll still spin). With the nittos on the highway the rear end would get happy. Not fun if your going highway speeds. Just my .02. Im switching here to nittos soon.

DSGGT

Rickdaddy
Established Member
Nitto's man, no comparison.

Well just seen that GS-D3's are an option, dude, if you have the money get them! They are the best tire's I have ever owned and they pull up 1.8 60's at the track! And handle in the rain as good as they do on dry pavement.

Last edited:

cobrabitten

Established Member
ya i have the sumi's they suck. they were on the car when i bought it. i plan on doing the nitto's very very soon! ohh and i am still on the stock pulley. if i had a pulley on the car now i cant imagine these tires doing anything at all for me.just my .02

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
I used nittos for daily driving on 14psi, They lasted longer then I thought. I'm putting down 451rwhp.470rwtq. 4000 miles at the set up. before that, they were on my 2000 gt, 250rwhp,260 rwtq. I did 12000 miles on the same tires and switchd them to the cobra. They did nice

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Drag radials hook better but won't last nearly as long. If you want to pay for higher performance you can...

BLK03SVT

Mike
Established Member
DSGGT said:
Nitto's man, no comparison.

Well just seen that GS-D3's are an option, dude, if you have the money get them! They are the best tire's I have ever owned and they pull up 1.8 60's at the track! And handle in the rain as good as they do on dry pavement.

+1 GS-D3's are da bomb- best tire I've ever owned.

snackpack

Established Member
I just bought Nittos for my car and they connect like a monster. It got rid of a lot of the wheel hop. :-D I've got 470 RWHP & 534 TRQ. The only comparison I have though is to the stock Eagle F-1s.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
cobra's need dr's....However if getting caught in the rain be careful..Nitto's are the best in the rain.......imo....

Users who are viewing this thread