315 Sumitomo's or 315 Nitto DR's for daily driver?

deauxt

Established Member
I have a blown 98 Cobra making 400rwhp, and I'm getting 10.5" rear rims. Would the Sumi's or the Nitto DR's be better for my daily driver? I like the cost of the Sumi's, and they seem like a decent tire and eventually after this set of tires (whatever I get), I want the Goodyear F1 GS-D3's. What do y'all think?

turbonotch

It's quiet ;)
Established Member
well lets see. i run a 265 sumi on my cobra, and my roomate runs a 315 sumi on his transam. they dont last long, and they dont even hook good.

LSWHAT??

900 miles? boo!:nonono:

I haven't tried the 555 DR yet, but I had 555's on my cobra and they lasted over 35k, about 10 burnouts................. didn't know that the DR were that much softer.

I like the nitto's for the street, haven't had any luck with them at the track though. :shrug:

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
dont get the sumis, i have the 315's on my car nd i cant hook for shi*. you have over 100 rwhp on me so ur deff not goona hook. i kno its a dd but theres goona be times on the road im sure ur goona wanna punch it a lil.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
ProChargedSnake said:
My Nitto DR's lasted 900 miles & no burnouts!!! Completely bald!!! They do hook though!!

I have no idea how you only got 900 miles from them. There are people getting upwards of 16-17k miles out of a set of Nitto drag radials.

94CobraPace

Established Member
The Sumitomos don't grip for anything, once they break loose they just spin. I have gthe 315's Sumi on my Cobra. They are a decent street tire for cruising & the price is good. I have not gotten good mileage out of them either.
My next tires will be Nitto DR.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Pssssh, I had the Sumitumo HTR-Z II's in a 275 and cut 1.90 60-fts with 4.10's. I loved my Sumi's, in fact, I have the same exact tires on the front of my new wheels. I would still buy the Nitto drag though, I had those in a 315 and they lasted forever and hooked decent. Nothing compares to the 315 BFG DR's though (i mean treaded tire, not ET Street, etc), these things are like a friggin slick when you drop the pressure and heat them up a little.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I had the 315 sumis before. Wore great and had decent traction. for 100 a tire, there not bad. Dont expect anything too great tho.

They dont have a rim guard either, looks kinda funny.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
04svtdriver said:
I agree don't ge the SUMITOMO's I've got 275/40/17's and I can't hook for DAMMIT

:lol:

Well with your numbers, your gunna have a hard time finding a tire that does hook!

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
TheAntiRice96 said:
900 miles? boo!:nonono:

I haven't tried the 555 DR yet, but I had 555's on my cobra and they lasted over 35k, about 10 burnouts................. didn't know that the DR were that much softer.

I like the nitto's for the street, haven't had any luck with them at the track though. :shrug:
WTF, sorry but that is bs, I have a set of 555rs that have been down the track more than 40 times, with burnouts everytime to warm them up, I also made several 460 mile trips going to Nh form Ct and Back. :bs: :bs: :bs:

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
98(oBra\/ert said:
WTF, sorry but that is bs, I have a set of 555rs that have been down the track more than 40 times, with burnouts everytime to warm them up, I also made several 460 mile trips going to Nh form Ct and Back. :bs: :bs: :bs:
Exactly. I got almost 10k out of mine, and I could have gotten more.

Users who are viewing this thread