335/30/19

sask10

Established Member
So I just purchased a set of CCW 505a'sfor my car(stock suspension 2010GT500) and they suggested a Michelin Super Sport 325/30/19 for the rear. I'm more partial to the NT05 but they are only available in 335. I've read in other forums that the Michelin measures quite big for a 325 and the Nitto smaller then actual advertised size. Anyone ever had either of these on their car or better yet had the 2 side by side for a direct comparison. Wondering if I could stuff the Nitto under the back without modding.

marsh2o

Established Member
The biggest factor that's going to affect whether the 335's will fit is the width and offset of your rear wheels.

I have a set of CS40s that were widened from 10" to 11.5". After widening, they had a backspacing 8.77” and a 64 mm offset. I have 335/30/20 Michelin PS2s on and they fit fine. My suspension has been lowered about 1.5" from stock with KW Variant 3 rear shocks and springs with adjustable perches. Because I am still running the stock panhard bar, my rear axle is not centered, which required a 1/8" spacer on one side (I've forgotten which).

In normal street driving, I've never had an issue. The only time there has ever been contact has been when I'm driving 60 MPH or more and hit a slow dip on the highway. Normal bumps have not been a problem.

My car is a 2007, which doesn't have the carpet in the wheel well, like the later cars. That would likely cause some additional interference.

Last edited:

sask10

Established Member
I guess my real question is a Michelin 325 the same size as a 335 Nitto. I've read on these forms that the 2 measure very differently from advertised, one being bigger and one being smaller respectively. My offset will accommodate the 325 Michelin.

TheGovernment

Established Member
Are you sure the Mich 325's will fit? I was told straight up no by a lot of different guys in the tire business with any offset. They will hit the quarters or rub. The do measure bigger than the Nittos. 305 mpss are really close to 315 nittos, so I'd imagine the same is true for the bigger ones.

sask10

Established Member
Well I don't have the wheels yet but CCW assured me a 325 would fit. They said they've done many and sent pics of customer cars with this setup. I think there are a few on this forum running this setup.

enormous

Established Member
I run the Michelin Sport Cup 2 in 325 30 20 (27.5" tall) on a widened Boze Tach rim @11.5" and it does not rub unless I turn too quickly into a angled driveway and the axle articulates, the rubbing is very slight on the inner fender wall only. I agree that backspace is very important to get 325 and 335 tires to fit without issue and choose a tire between 27" and 28" tall on lowered cars on a correct width rim.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread