345/35 R18 Tires

97SVTStang

Established Member
Will a 345/35 R18 tire fit out back if you take the quad shocks off? And if I did take the quad shocks off what would I loose in handling performace?

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
Don't think they would fix, you would have to remove the quad shock, roll the fenders and probably bend your catback alittle so it wouldnt touch.
If you get aftermarket rear control arms you can ditch the quads without much of a change but since your setup seems to be for drag anyways they dont serve you much good at the moment anyhow :)

COBRASVT

Established Member
They are basically there to prevent wheel hop. So you wont really loose a lot of handling performance, but not sure if the tires would fit even if you did this.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
they would not fit without serious modification. I have 315/35/17's and I had to modify the parking brake bracket flip the quad shocks, and massage the inner fender. you would have to tub it and run dumps in order for those to fit

97SVTStang

Established Member
Well I already run dumps so that problem is out of the way and I run 315/35 R17 tires now and they fit without a problem. Didnt have to do any modifications

Users who are viewing this thread