3600 stall converter in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

radaman

Established Member
HOLY S__T! I just picked up my car from having the converter, cooler and a retune...this damn thing moves the f out now. I can smoke the DR's from a stand still or up to 30mph with no problem. I didnt want to get on it too much, but I had to get a feel for it and Im sooo impressed. Darrin at bc-automotive is top notch as well and got the stall dead on per the tuner. Holds lock ups with no sweat and it just takes off from a stand still...amazing. Feels like a mid 12 second car on the real.:pepper:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Thats awesome man, I plan on stalling my automatic SS in the near future. A quick question for you though, how satisfied are you with your auto Mach? I know that now it feels like a beast, but what about before the stall, how well did it perform and were you happy with it? I have always thought automatic equipped Mach 1's were awesome, but have heard their performance is lacking somewhat.

radaman

Established Member
silverstang00 said:
Thats awesome man, I plan on stalling my automatic SS in the near future. A quick question for you though, how satisfied are you with your auto Mach? I know that now it feels like a beast, but what about before the stall, how well did it perform and were you happy with it? I have always thought automatic equipped Mach 1's were awesome, but have heard their performance is lacking somewhat.
I bought the car used and the only thing I added was the converter and DR's. It was fairly quick as the previous owner ran a best e.t of 13.3 and a best mph of 108. He said he ran 13.7 at 102 when stock, but when he changed the shift parameters with the SCT tuner, it went 13.5/103mph. Auto cars are abit slower from the factory than manuals and I assume making adjustments to the shift characteristics are a big improvement. Anyway, I hope to be in the 12.5 or better range now.

radaman

Established Member
silverstang00 said:
Putting in stainless works LT's soon.

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Cool man. Reason I asked is a friend is considering buying another Mach 1. He would like an auto, because of the ease of daily driving one, but he is afraid it wont compare to his old 5 speed one. Those times you posted suprised me, I didnt think a 13.5 could be achieved with just a tune. And I would think with a good tire and some traction, your car should reach your 12.5 goal, or come damn close.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Very nice! Now build the hell out of that thing and get a power adder!!! I say that you start off with a small shot of happy juice and see if you're satisfied and then move to a blower (2.3L Whipple should be adequate!). If you're still not happy, there's only one thing that you'll be looking to do next... TT's!!! :rockon:

Sorry... I got a little carried away... :shrug:

radaman

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Very nice! Now build the hell out of that thing and get a power adder!!! I say that you start off with a small shot of happy juice and see if you're satisfied and then move to a blower (2.3L Whipple should be adequate!). If you're still not happy, there's only one thing that you'll be looking to do next... TT's!!! :rockon:

Sorry... I got a little carried away... :shrug:
I was gonna stay the n/a route, but its expensive as heck. Im putting the LTs in soon and thatll be it until next year when stage 2 heads/cams will be going in. Im happy to hit 12.0's after its all said and done, but a 11.9 would be nice. Boost is later on when I decide to forge the internals and add a TT or KB system to it.

Users who are viewing this thread