392 Bumble Bee?

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I believe this is the correct section, but if not please move mods.

So last night I pulled into a gas station and as I was filling up about 5 or 6 different cars pulled in and parked to the side. A few domestics and a few imports, all modded to some extent. I got to talking with them and they were on there way to a car meet, they asked me to join but I had things to do so I declined. All of them were really cool and were checking out my GT but one of them was kind of a dbag when I asked him about his charger.

I know absolutely nothing about them but it smelled like a load of BS when he said he makes 600 at the crank and 510 at the wheels with just an intake and muffler delete on a 392 Bumble Bee. It was a sweet looking ride for sure but how bad would he really beat me from a dig? I have an 02 GT with CAI, 3:73s, FRPP clutch and flywheel, o/r x and slp powerflos. The car hooks like a bastard now with the new tires out back so i'm curious as to how badly he would beat me because the numbers he gave me sounded pretty fishy.

EDIT: SUPER Bee, not Bumble Bee

Thanks for any input :beer:

Last edited:

snakedoctor

Established Member
If it's an old 392, then it's a 392 hemi. Not an original option on that car. They made superbees from 1968 to 1970 or 71. It "might" be possible that he's making that much horsepower but that car is a tank and I doubt it's a threat if he's driving it on the street

Jenkins

Established Member
If it's an old 392, then it's a 392 hemi. Not an original option on that car. They made superbees from 1968 to 1970 or 71. It "might" be possible that he's making that much horsepower but that car is a tank and I doubt it's a threat if he's driving it on the street

I don't think he is talking about a older car but a newer one.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
I believe this is the correct section, but if not please move mods.

So last night I pulled into a gas station and as I was filling up about 5 or 6 different cars pulled in and parked to the side. A few domestics and a few imports, all modded to some extent. I got to talking with them and they were on there way to a car meet, they asked me to join but I had things to do so I declined. All of them were really cool and were checking out my GT but one of them was kind of a dbag when I asked him about his charger.

I know absolutely nothing about them but it smelled like a load of BS when he said he makes 600 at the crank and 510 at the wheels with just an intake and muffler delete on a 392 Bumble Bee. It was a sweet looking ride for sure but how bad would he really beat me from a dig? I have an 02 GT with CAI, 3:73s, FRPP clutch and flywheel, o/r x and slp powerflos. The car hooks like a bastard now with the new tires out back so i'm curious as to how badly he would beat me because the numbers he gave me sounded pretty fishy.

EDIT: SUPER Bee, not Bumble Bee

Thanks for any input :beer:

You may want to stick to racing minivans. That rumble bee will throw rocks at your windshield. You may be better off racing an actual bee.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
It was newer, clearly I know he would spank me from a roll, I was mainly interested in how BADLY he would get me from a dig. And how inflated his numbers actually are. 600 at the crank sounded pretty high given only a muffler delete and intake especially when he said it made 420 crank at stock output.

Trust me I am well aware that my car is incredibly slow

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the only way that car would make 510 rwhp is with a blower. maybe that's what he meant by "intake" lol

otherwise, yes its bs.

the new 392 hemi cars do run pretty well however, so you would probably not fare well from a dig even with your 3.73 gears and good tires. but you never know unless you try!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Hey you never know until you try. My buddies 04 GT beat a SRT8 Chrysler 300c twice from a dig because the Chrysler spun so bad off the line and my buddy was great at power shifting lol. That was the only reason though

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
OP youd probably get cooked bad. You might be able to outdrive him from a dig, but you are only beating the driver, not the car.

SSkull

Established Member
It was newer, clearly I know he would spank me from a roll, I was mainly interested in how BADLY he would get me from a dig. And how inflated his numbers actually are. 600 at the crank sounded pretty high given only a muffler delete and intake especially when he said it made 420 crank at stock output.

Trust me I am well aware that my car is incredibly slow

I'm pretty sure the new 392/6.4 motors make 475hp at the crank now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

If I'm right, sounds like he didn't even know what motor he had in the thing.

Planter

Banned
my dad used to tell me "stories" about the guy down the street when he was growing up that had a 69 SuperBee. claims he was taken for a ride and the guy taped $100 bill to the dash and told my dad if he could grab it, he could keep it. allegedly, dad went to reach for it and the guy smashed the gas and the front wheels came off the ground, and it threw dad back into the seat and pinned him there, and he couldn't grab it.

not sure I believe that.

Planter

Banned
if he;s pushing 600 at the crank, and 510 at the rearwheels, he'll walk you good. lol. Unless you've got forced induction and forged internals, he'll most likely make you look like a fool.

From what I gather the SuperBee's had a 440 Hemi, not a 392, but there may have been other editions with different cid engines.

HowStuffWorks "1969 Dodge Super Bee Six Pack: A Profile of a Muscle Car"

if he's got 600 crank hp, he's got custom head work, intake porting, cam(s) and other internal engine work done that he's not telling you about.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
The only thing I know for a fact is it had 392 emblems on the front fenders, I saw that for a fact. It also looked pretty much brand new but it could have been a couple years old if well kept. I don't know the slightest bit about chargers. However I know I would have no chance of beating him but was curious to know how bad it would be from a dig. His numbers just sounded unrealistic for such minimal mods. Obviously he could have been downplaying the car trying to squeeze some money out of me but it just seemed like he had no idea what he was talking about. It was a sick car either way and I wish I could've gone for a cruise with them

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Guys, OP already stated it was a newer charger.

07-09 superbees only had the standard 6.1L

12+ got the 392.

Dodge Super Bee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally im not a big dodge guy but everytime I see the new chargers i think to myself "hey, theyre not half bad". IMO its what the charger shouldve looked like when it was re-released. Im sure its a $$$$ ass trim level thats worth about half a year later, in standard mopar fashion.

Last edited:

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
my dad used to tell me "stories" about the guy down the street when he was growing up that had a 69 SuperBee. claims he was taken for a ride and the guy taped $100 bill to the dash and told my dad if he could grab it, he could keep it. allegedly, dad went to reach for it and the guy smashed the gas and the front wheels came off the ground, and it threw dad back into the seat and pinned him there, and he couldn't grab it.

not sure I believe that.

This must be like some kind of "urban legend" type of thing, or maybe it was the cool thing to do way back in the day, because I have heard this story from other people too. Minus the wheelie.

97StangSVT

Established Member
2013 Dodge Charger SRT 392 - Top Speed

http://www.drivesrt.com/2013/charger-srt/superbee/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjYSt0myQYc

Link to a article about the 2013 Dodge Charger SRT 392.

"The Charger SRT 392 will come with a standard powertrain common to the Charger SRT model. What that means is that this special trim model will receive a 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine that develops 470 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque across a wide rpm range.

Whit those output numbers, the Charger SRT 392 is capable of hitting 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds to go with a quarter mile time of around 12 seconds and a 0-100-0 mph time of less than 16 seconds. Top speed has been measured at 175 mph and stopping power from 60-0 mph is at just 120 feet."

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
guys, op already stated it was a newer charger.

07-09 superbees only had the standard 6.1l

12+ got the 392.

dodge super bee - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

personally im not a big dodge guy but everytime i see the new chargers i think to myself "hey, theyre not half bad". Imo its what the charger shouldve looked like when it was re-released. Im sure its a $$$$ ass trim level thats worth about half a year later, in standard mopar fashion.

4 door charger is just stupid!!!

truefiveo

Established Member
Either way your anemic 4.6 is getting smoked.
Youll run out of breath after 60mph and that 392 will keep pulling

Users who are viewing this thread