@#%^&!*!!!

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
Last Sunday on the way to church of all places, I got a flat tire (passenger, rear). Interestingly enough, no nails, screws or penetrations were found in the tire, it just lost its seal :shrug: As I was cussing on the side of the road putting on the doughnut, the skies opened up and poured down rain :fm:

Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is one of the brand new tires that Butler Tire Service installed a couple weeks ago when one of their mechanics crashed into the side of my car :mj: Thankfully the car has been repaired but now this! :cuss:

My question is:
1) Is it safe/recommendable to reuse a tire that has been run on while flat for a couple hundred yards.
2) Do I get Butler Tire Service to re-install the tire or should I avoid going out there?
3) Do I take the rim and tire to some expert to examine if its safe and have them re-install?
4) Do I buy another new tire instead :read:

Ok, my luck simply has to get only better from here :cryying:

Maybe I should go to church more often :bowdown:

Scott [Rick James] thinks I should just :beer: :beer: :beer: :rockon:

Last edited:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Best username ever + worst luck ever = DonkeyTuna!

I know it doesn't take long to damage a flat tire by riding on it, but that's when it's all the way flat. If it was just down, you might get away with it. But if it was all the way flat, I suspect you'll need a new one.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
DonkeyTuna said:
Maybe I should go to church more often :bowdown:

Scott [Rick James] thinks I should just :beer: :beer: :beer: :rockon:

I think it is due to you neglecting the Ghetto Garage and all it stands for!!! Hell hath no fury like a cold fridge of beer scorned!! :poke:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Depends. If there is no internal sidewall damage, then it's ok to re-use. I'd take the rim/tire in seperately and have them look at it. If you need a new tire, they should pay for it imo.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
What I'd do is re-install the tire and put it in a baby pool, slowly turn the tire and watch for air bubbles. Once you see the bubble you've found the source of your leak. Once you figure out what sort of leak you have (pin hole, broken bead, etc..) you can go from there. If the bead of the tire is leaking I'd trash it. And yeah I'd never go near that shop ever again. good luck man!

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
try the tire again either the tire holds air or it doesnt, take it back to them but watch them the whole time!! Come and have a beer with us on saturday. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread