3in cat back?

snakebite72

Established Member
im not a fan of MAC but they make a 3in for solid axle or try with JBA,that would be my choice.

Last edited:

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
snakebite72 said:
im not a fan of MAC but they make a 3in for solid axle or try with JBA,that would be my choice.
jba=over priced shit

does i had a suspicion mac had one[not my first choice]

does flowmaster make one?

ps. ill be using quickflow mufflers regardless of sys. just need a good fitting kit.

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
SilverSnake01 said:
just buy the mufflers and go to a good exhaust shop and have them make a 3in catback.
rather build it my self,like i said what manufacers make a decent kit?

im a cert. welder but would rather buy a good catback.

paying someone to butcher it is out of the question.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
Even the best of pipebenders is gonna crimp the hell out of some 3" to go over the axle. Get a catback.

302venom

yeah its only a 99..
Established Member
whats wrong with mac? I heard some ppl had fitment issues while others had no problems whatsoever.i think its hit or miss with them..

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
bryanc82 said:
whats wrong with mac? I heard some ppl had fitment issues while others had no problems whatsoever.i think its hit or miss with them..
nothing,ran their cobra engine killing longtubes for 3 years on my 4.6 w/no probs.

im just looking for something to complment my 1k dollar kooks longtubes,mac isnt the best quality or my first choice.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
why don't you buy the tailpipes from one company and the mufflers from another? I think spintech has the whole kit.....

I think most company's avoid it because of clearance issues. I can't imagine there being much room up there for a three inch exhaust.....and putting it in would suck! You'll probably just get pissed and end up cutting it...

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
suaveflooder said:
why don't you buy the tailpipes from one company and the mufflers from another? I think spintech has the whole kit.....

I think most company's avoid it because of clearance issues. I can't imagine there being much room up there for a three inch exhaust.....and putting it in would suck! You'll probably just get pissed and end up cutting it...
ill check out the spintech kit,thanks.

the rear will be out at the time so i doubt ill get pissed and cut stuff.:rockon:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
GOOD LUCK! I wanna see pictures of this when you're done .....I also want to see just how much clearance you actually have.

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
suaveflooder said:
GOOD LUCK! I wanna see pictures of this when you're done .....I also want to see just how much clearance you actually have.
u make it sound like its never been done,or its impossible.

i know there are some systems out there

i checked spintech and only saw 2.5 in kits,may have to use the mac sys.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
forged5.4dohc said:
u make it sound like its never been done,or its impossible.

i know there are some systems out there

i checked spintech and only saw 2.5 in kits,may have to use the mac sys.

no, I'm sure it's been done! I'm really not trying to say it's impossible. I just know that there's not a lot of room up there. I'm honestly interested in seeing how it turns out and how much room you have. I think a three inch exhaust on a solid would be bad @$$. I've just never seen it, but I would think it would be a headache. If you have the rear out that would be the best time to do it...

Honest, I'm not trying to be an @$$.:beer:

Can you just get the mac tailpipes? I was never a fan of how they sounded....then possibly get a better sounding muffler?

Last edited:

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
suaveflooder said:
no, I'm sure it's been done! I'm really not trying to say it's impossible. I just know that there's not a lot of room up there. I'm honestly interested in seeing how it turns out and how much room you have. I think a three inch exhaust on a solid would be bad @$$. I've just never seen it, but I would think it would be a headache. If you have the rear out that would be the best time to do it...

Honest, I'm not trying to be an @$$.:beer:

Can you just get the mac tailpipes? I was never a fan of how they sounded....then possibly get a better sounding muffler?
checked on tha macs,and looks like u have to get the whole kit.
ive never heard mac in person,but im going to use quickflo mufflers.if u guys have never heard these they sound amazing on a 4v car.[not for the weak hearted,very loud,i think their intended use was/is circle track racers.]
these and long tubes,off road x = sex to your ears,loud sex.hehe just the way i like it.

ps.u didnt come off as sounding like an ass,i know the fit is going to be tighter than a 13yr old virgin.:pepper: :beer:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
forged5.4dohc said:
ps.u didnt come off as sounding like an ass,i know the fit is going to be tighter than a 13yr old virgin.:pepper: :beer:

HAHAHAHA! I can't wait to see this....I think it'll sound awesome!

tbizzle

Established Member
gtpowered4.6l said:
This is what I just ordered. If you dont like this setup your not a stang fan. UPR O/R X and Mac Flowpath Catback...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwmicDPw7aY

a lil claspy at times, but WOW, sounds pretty damn good! thats saying a lot for that setup, cuz i'm usually extremely picky with exhaust.

nice setup, YOU HAVE TO POST CLIPS when it's all done.

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
gtpowered4.6l said:
This is what I just ordered. If you dont like this setup your not a stang fan. UPR O/R X and Mac Flowpath Catback...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwmicDPw7aY
sounds good,almost as good as quickflow.hahahahah just bustin your balls.

not going to use the mac muffs if they are not a straight through design.anyone know if they are?:shrug:

zeus201

Established Member
bryanc82 said:

I have MAC and it sits a little low on the right tailpipe, need to get it adjusted again when I get around to it. Other than that, it sounds great and wouldn't change it for anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread