4.0 supercharger feed back

orange 500

Established Member
I currently have a 2.8 kenne bell on my 2008 Gt500. I am looking at going to a 4.0 and wanted to see what some of you guys have used and how you like it. My car has a built motor. The engine has a ford gt block, Billit crank, H beam rods, Pistons, Head studs, Ported heads, cams, etc etc. I'm told that whipple is the way to go due to the Kenne Bell making alot of heat compared to the whipple. If anyone has used either, let me know what you think. Thanks!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I have a 4.0L Whipple - bugger hits hard!!

how much power are you looking to make?

This was at 24 psi on a "kill" tune

dyno1.jpg

This is where I'm running it now at 20 psi

900 HP Shelby GT500 on the Dyno - YouTube

[youtube_browser]R5ny52YHxkE&[/youtube_browser]

orange 500

Established Member
Thanks for the dyno sheet and video! Id like to see a 1,000hp all out pull. I still need a few other supporting mods. What did you do to keep the stock hood? Do you happen to know what your down stream air temps are?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Motor is lowered by about 1 1/4".

On the dyno, The Downstream ACT logged at 110* to start, dropped to 106* about 1/2 way and peaked at 120* a few seconds after the pull ended.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
C&R, yes, not sure, it was on the car when I bought it.

shelby mark

Established Member
I currently have a 2.8 kenne bell on my 2008 Gt500. I am looking at going to a 4.0 and wanted to see what some of you guys have used and how you like it. My car has a built motor. The engine has a ford gt block, Billit crank, H beam rods, Pistons, Head studs, Ported heads, cams, etc etc. I'm told that whipple is the way to go due to the Kenne Bell making alot of heat compared to the whipple. If anyone has used either, let me know what you think. Thanks!

we run the KB 4.2 and i make over 1200RWHP with a turbo 400. I run e85 and my temps at the end of the 1/4 mile are around 110. The liquid cooled 4.2 seems to run much cooler then expected.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
whipple warranty/customer service suck .......
I've read the same thing about KB

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

Grunnsetning

Established Member
Some of it comes down to who you purchase it from and if they help/vouch for you when/if something may happen.
If Lethal, whipples largest distributor calls and says such and such happened, can you help them out, you really think they would say no?
Talk to these guys and become friends, not just customers and deal with them regularly and it can take you a long way, in my opinion of course.

I have a 3.4 and I am very pleased with it. If you are looking to go 1000+ I would say a 4.0 or liquid KB.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
guess you missed the sig?? running Corn juice - E85

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Bruce, as you know i also have the whipple 4.0 , however i am running it on a stock motor with 18 PSI. The street manner are great and you cant feel the giant blower until you step on it. This blower is a monster, and it definitely needs a built motor to shine.

This blower is too much for me since i don't plan on building the block. I will be taking the blower off in the next couple of weeks and getting a smaller one. Since you are helping me out with the other parts , i wouldn't mind hooking you up with this blower if you decide to go the whipple route.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Why do you need a 1000rwhp? Do you race the car?

My guess is you will sorry once you F a car up to that point....Put a KB 3.6 on and be done with it!

Users who are viewing this thread