4.10's

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by drmustang
My 03 terminator does 12.7 with dr's steeda cai and catback.
What could I expect with a change to 4.10's?

Buying new rear tires....often

TRBO VNM

I am thinking of doing the same. I don't drive highway often at all and with 6th gear when I do I don't think it would be that bad. I only live 1 mile from work, so I think I might do this within the next couple of months.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
4.10s are fine for a daily driver; the .62 6th gear helps a lot. I drive mine every day and have notice little, if any, degredation in gas mileage.

In addition, I think the 410s are well suited for the strip, especially if you use slicks. You can always use a taller tire to help "tweak" the rpm at which you cross the finish line.

Just my opinion.

TRBO VNM

oh yeah, forgot about the tire thing...what if we are on stock size tires? gonna be a problem crossing the line in 4th?

jmiller

Established Member
With a 4.10 gear ratio, it computes to 6500 rpm at 121 mph in fourth gear, if you have the horsepower and traction to do it.
Hope this helps.
jmiller

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
oh yeah, forgot about the tire thing...what if we are on stock size tires? gonna be a problem crossing the line in 4th?

With stock tires you are going to be too close to redline; I would utilize a little taller one if you don't want to grab 5th gear.

Users who are viewing this thread