4.10s!!!

niterydr

Established Member
Big thanks to Jason (TRBO_VNM) and his buddy Ben. They did a great job and I would recommend them to anyone. :rockon:

I finally got my 4.10's install yesterday and WOW!!
eek.gif
I absolutley love them so far. Had a nice 2 hr drive home from the shop and I loved every minute of it. I had been debating between 3.73's and 4.10's for a while and I am glad that I didn't get the 3.73's. I feel I definitely would have been disappointed with them vs the 4.10's.

I still can't wait til the first time I actually get all the way on the gas with these things.
biggrin.gif

And highway driving is not bad at all. very VERY streetable. All i do is highway and the mustang is still my daily driver. Here is a pic to show the rpm's at 70mph.

410s.jpg

DON'T FEAR THE GEAR!

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I put gears in my 04 GT and it really put the SOHC powerband in a sweet spot. Dont they come with 3:26's?? Be careful punching the throttle going around turns it can get hairy.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
What dash is that from?

Anyhow ya, 4.10's ftw and your speedo may be off a little now. Mine is off 7 mph at an indicated 80 mph it's actually 73

niterydr

Established Member
Good stuff man...i have 3.73's and wish i wouldve gotten 4.10's because now i have to pay to get the gears changed again

Yea, I'm glad I made the decision for the 4.10s right away otherwise I'd be in the same boat.

I put gears in my 04 GT and it really put the SOHC powerband in a sweet spot. Dont they come with 3:26's?? Be careful punching the throttle going around turns it can get hairy.

3.27s stock. And I haven't punched it yet. . .still pretty nervous and they were just installed monday. . so I'm still taking it pretty easy.

What dash is that from?

Anyhow ya, 4.10's ftw and your speedo may be off a little now. Mine is off 7 mph at an indicated 80 mph it's actually 73

Guages are a custom set I put together. The gauge faces are from speedhut and then I bought gauge rings from American muscle. I LOVE them. The light up blue at night.

And yea, my speedo and everything is correct. Hooked the tuner up to the car and changed everything before it was even backed off the lift.

I''ve been there and done that. Did a 360 in the rain, recovered and kept going. Many aren't so lucky. They have a lot of bite. Be careful.

Yea, I'll have to learn how to drive it again in the rain. Jason just installed them on Monday and luckily the rain stopped on sunday. So I get to look forward to the next time it rains.

niterydr

Established Member
I REALLY like those gauges. Does your 2v really rev to 6850?

Thanks!!

lol. I wish it did. I'd be in love. That's just where the put the redline on the gauges. I didn't want to pay to have them change it. I just have to remember that it's actually around 5800 so that I'm not bouncing off the rev limiter.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
this cold weather has me cringing at hitting the gas. it went broadside trying to race a porsche tubro ... and that was a very mild roll on in 4th .... sheesh.

niterydr

Established Member
this cold weather has me cringing at hitting the gas. it went broadside trying to race a porsche tubro ... and that was a very mild roll on in 4th .... sheesh.

That's what I'm afraid of. Granted, I'm not putting down the power you are, I don't wanna get to comfortable with the car yet and something happen. Can't wait til I pick up my daily driver. First time in 5 years I wont have to drive a mustang through the winter. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread